Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems lately that I have been spending a lot of time moving threads that are posted in the wrong section of the Forum. The General Discussion Section is a great "catch-all" for a lot of topics, but that is NOT where you just post something up when it obviously belongs somewhere else. Please be thoughtful BEFORE you start a new thread and try to put it in the section that it applies to. When there are threads that are pretty specific to a certain subject, it will be easier to find that thread later if it is placed in the correct section. As this forum grows, and we are constantly getting new members joining, the workload will be increasing.....if we don't police ourselves in this matter.

Thank you all for helping to do your part and continue to make this the best FZ09 forum on the interwebs.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After thinking about this post, I've decided that I'm going to unlock it and have it open for comments. I really don't think that anyone would disagree that Threads SHOULD be started in the correct section, but comment in here if you believe that one of the mods have moved a thread and maybe it shouldn't have been moved.....and let me know or the mod that moved it, know why you feel that way. Honestly, all I/we are trying to do is to keep this site as orderly and easy to find stuff, as possible.

Thanks again all!

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I object to this thread being Unlocked. I think the Mod's Should be Locking Threads from time to time at Their discretion. Locking this one after the initial post seemed Spot-On.

I'm :mad: and I'm Not going to take it anymore without at least speaking up!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I'd like to suggest a new sub section in: Yamaha FZ-09 Garage

About tools, shop lights, how braze, etc. Like awhile back when I asked about heat guns. I'd like to ask about power strips for the shop/garage, the kind that are 3 feet or so long and have outlets spaced along them. I have one, but it is a P.O.S., falling apart.

What to call the section? Something like "Tools, shop techniques and shop set up"?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Sometimes it isn't the easiest thing to decide WHERE something belongs.. Seems sort of arbitrary and subjective?

Along those lines, I don't really care where my posts end up, more interested in the discussion anyway.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Vern, I think it's very democratic of the Mods to allow comment on this topic, but agree with you about the members policing themselves before they start a thread-this forum has gotten huge and if everyone expects to just post anything anywhere and that the Mods will move it the correct spot, it becomes a full time job and probably not much fun for you guys. Having the information organized and orderly is what makes everything here so accessible and easy to find. You guys do a great job, Thank You...

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I knew this would happen:

After the First 4 Posts this thread has fallen off a Cliff.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I knew this would happen:

After the First 4 Posts this thread has fallen off a Cliff.
I suppose you are pointing at me. I am just saying that if I or anybody else put something in the wrong spot, it's not necessarily due to lack of effort. Sometimes things can seem like they fit multiple places. Sorry if you think I derailed the thread..

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I suppose you are pointing at me. I am just saying that if I or anybody else put something in the wrong spot, it's not necessarily due to lack of effort. Sometimes things can seem like they fit multiple places. Sorry if you think I derailed the thread..
Sorry pal. I was actually only referring to Da Braddah. His post was basically just a needless suck-up to Triplethreat. Sorry if I offended you.

Reactions: cthouse

·
Registered
972 Posts
Nothing against having sections and trying to place threads in an appropriate place but a better search engine would help people find things. I often resort to google using the site option such as
"gas tank size" site: www.fz09.org
which sometimes really simplifies me finding something.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I really don't think that anyone would disagree that Threads SHOULD be started in the correct section, but comment in here if you believe that one of the mods have moved a thread and maybe it shouldn't have been moved.....
davidz28's saddlemen seat review shouldn't have been moved to the vendor reviews section, as he was reviewing the seat, not the vendor.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
davidz28's saddlemen seat review shouldn't have been moved to the vendor reviews section, as he was reviewing the seat, not the vendor.
You are right....thank you......I moved it yet one more time...to the Gear and Accessories section. That is a classic example of why I opened this thread up for comment. And as cthouse suggested.....sometimes it's not easy to determine where a thread should go.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Sorry pal. I was actually only referring to Da Braddah. His post was basically just a needless suck-up to Triplethreat. Sorry if I offended you.
There is alot of balloon knot kissing on this forum... I personally prefer menthol flavor lip balm prior to mine being kissed... Then stand in front of fan and have the air hit it... The simple things, ya know.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm gonna be the odd man out here and say that there are so few users here the only way to get some exposure is to post to general. Maybe the mods are experiencing something different...

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
I'm gonna be the odd man out here and say that there are so few users here the only way to get some exposure is to post to general. Maybe the mods are experiencing something different...
10,000 plus members is so few??

You should post on other forums and see “if” you even get a response. This forum is nothing but dialog, which is great.

No matter which section you post to, you still get instant exposure. Finding it later is really where the pertinent section helps out. A lot of the time, I just google a query and the FZ09 forum pops up with the exact post I’m looking for. I participate in four other motorcycle forums and this is by far the best. And that’s directed at all members including the moderators.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Posting something in the General section, for "exposure" doesn't fly here....unless it's a General Section thread. There is a link at the top of every page called "New Posts" and is very useful for finding threads/posts that are currently being discussed actively. I would guess that everyone that posts a question, would like to hear replies to it, but it always stands a better chance of being answered if it's in the correct section.

Reactions: PegasusJockey

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it's mod OCD...
Really?? Just because the forum, as any forum should be, needs to be kept mostly organized! Is your idea of a nuts and bolts organizer a 3 lbs coffee can and everything is tossed in there to root around in when you need a certain size? :grin:

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Really?? Just because the forum, as any forum should be, needs to be kept mostly organized! Is your idea of a nuts and bolts organizer a 3 lbs coffee can and everything is tossed in there to root around in when you need a certain size? :grin:
Great analogy! We know how all of Thruster’s tools and hardware are arranged. Not in a coffee can to be sure.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts