Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for a new seat. which one helps the best with the tail bone pain ?

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
i am looking for a new seat. which one helps the best with the tail bone pain ?
Very difficult question to answer because everyone's arse is shaped differently, and perhaps more importantly, those who have bought upgraded seats have done so based on reviews and/or reputation -- Very few here have had the opportunity to "shop" all of the different alternatives now available....it's more like One and Done.:cool:

I'm in the same boat as the OP.......still shopping, blind:p

Reactions: Lateralus

·
Registered
584 Posts
Got the SC w/ pan seat recently. slick all over so moving around is easy. It feels OK for about 2-3 hours on a long ride, then I need a break; it could be better if it were slightly higher in the front and lower in the back but much better than stock. Kinda pricey tho. I have a SC seat on the 250WRR that works great. In contrast, I have a Corbin on the Road King and I can ride that all day with no issues at all. The Corbin for the FZ looked so deep that I thought it would be hard to move around but it's probably more comfy...

Depends on how you ride too.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have the Seat Concepts "Rally" seat on order. If it works out, I'll have a Saddlemen "Tech" seat for sale. It's comfy, but I need more traction.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good reply's. i seem to sit right up to the tank the boys are all most on the tank. :rolleyes: i cant flat foot the bike. so i really don't need more seat height . thinking of raising the bars or moving them back .

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Swapping out the bar is a smart move but it does nothing for the sore arse.:p

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have the yamaha comfort seat and it's way better than stock. I couldn't even sit down after a long ride with the stock seat because my tail bone hurt so bad. I wish it was a lil taller by the tank, but not a big issue and picked it up for under $100, so can't complain.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Four spine surgeries here...got the comfort seat. With rearsets and clipons, nbd on ride.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I got a Sargent seat some time ago and it's a definite improvement over the stock seat. However, this week I took my first really long ride with it and it also got to be uncomfortable after several hours in the saddle and I found myself squirming around on it. The road has a lot to do with it too; once I reached the fun curvy part of the road I stopped thinking about how my ass felt.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I got a Sargent seat some time ago and it's a definite improvement over the stock seat. However, this week I took my first really long ride with it and it also got to be uncomfortable after several hours in the saddle and I found myself squirming around on it.
So what would you seriously now...???

I've been looking for a year now lol

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Since I almost never spend more than an hour or two on the bike at one time without a break, I'll probably just stick with the Sargent. I have no idea what's better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have proven that is does. I installed modified clip ons on my 9 and in effect put more weight on the front end/thus unloading slightly, my rear end. I can say it makes a difference. Fwiw, I also have rear sets and only weight 150#'s in gear.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
DR:

There's absolutely no consensus on what's better, or even what the top 2-3 choices are.:(

·
Registered
584 Posts
I got a Sargent seat some time ago and it's a definite improvement over the stock seat. However, this week I took my first really long ride with it and it also got to be uncomfortable after several hours in the saddle and I found myself squirming around on it. The road has a lot to do with it too; once I reached the fun curvy part of the road I stopped thinking about how my ass felt.
So true! The seat only starts to be painful on the long straight-aways... adrenaline must be a great antedote

·
Registered
357 Posts
The only small problem I noticed with the comfort seat is that it gets warmer, I think the gel holds the heat more. It's a tad bit wider than stock too and even half inch makes a difference. My ermax seat cowl is really tight towards the front.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I love my custom Aaron Colton Saddlemen seat the channel in the middle really does relieve a lot of the pressure and I also don't personally think there is a better looking seat out there but I might be a little biased :D. Now if you ride with a passenger it isn't going to work for you.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I like that seat, where can I get one?

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts