Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for specific input from those that have upgraded their seat. Specifically those that found that the slope of the original seat caused ball pain. It sounds like seat concepts have built up the front of the seat with higher padding to help with this issue, but I haven't heard confirmation that the new padding has actually cured the dreaded ball pain.

I own a Gen I FZ1 that I love but am looking for a change. Was convinced the FZ-09 was going to be my next bike, but after the test drive I was so disappointed in the fact that I was uncomfortable after just 10 minutes. Repositioning on the seat did nothing as you would just get pushed back down onto your nuts. I couldn't believe that Yamaha designed such an upright riding position yet still have you crushing your balls.

If you had this experience too and now have a seat or seat cover that cured the issue I would love to know. Thanks and speed safely.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Maybe the Yamaha engineer in charge of designing the seat had really tiny balls so it wasn't an issue...
A guy I use to work with put it this way........"One was the size of a mustard seed, the other one was a little bitty thing."

Reactions: rtsb

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I rode 1048 miles over the last 3 days on my FZ09 and the ONLY complaint I have is the seat made my balls numb for quite a while AFTER I was off the bike each day.

I am looking into new seats as well.

The Yamaha comfort seat is $299 and available in 3 business days according to my dealer.

I am thinking about it but I am also going to talk to the Seat Concepts guys.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I rode 2,000 miles in 4 days on my Seat Concepts seat, and here is what I think. It has been a long time that I have had anything more comfortable that a Superbike or dirt bike seat. My VFR had a Sergeant, and my CBR1000F had a plush stock seat. The SC seat is a big improvement. I did not have the ball crusher effect with the stock seat because I am 6'0" tall. If you scoot back on the SC seat, it has a very nice sweet spot. I was getting fidgety at about the 3 hour mark, but it may be my tired old ass more than anything. Also, I put square chair leg sliders on either side of my lower tank mount to shore up the seat, which raises the front a tad to push me back. My bars are lower and more forward, and I slid my forks up 5 mm in the triple clamps, but I still have plenty of room to move around without being on the tank.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Just talked to Seat Concepts and they told me that the ball pain was definitely one of the concerns when they built their seat. Apparently this is really bad on the OEM Super Tenere seat...

Seat Concepts can also modify the foam density to the rider's weight. I am hoping that the denser Seat Concepts foam will give me an effectively taller seat as well as being more comfortable.

I ordered a seat from Seat Concepts and it should be shipped in a few days and I will install it as soon as I have it.

I will post a review of the ball pain issue after I have the new seat installed!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts