Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched, didn't find a thread on this specific problem - The strap on my seat is really loose. Brand new FZ-09 and I can fit my whole hand under it. Not a huge issue, but seems really poor quality-wise from Yamaha. I've only ever seen them super tight on every bike I've owned.

The ends are still bolted in there under the seat fine, but I was just wondering how every one's else's was and what they did about it. This and the lack of a helmet lock has me questioning everything.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The purpose of the strap is so a passenger has something to hold onto, so it needs to be loose enough for a passenger to grab and hold onto comfortably. If the strap is too tight, it will squeeze the bajeezus out of your passenger's fingers.

You could relocate the holes and make it tighter I suppose.

That being said, mine has found its way into a landfill.

·
Banned
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's probably what I'll do. It was easy to squeeze a DVD from Red Box under there on my old bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah I noticed mine loosened up yesterday. On every sport bike I have ever had it was always tight. Maybe I'll just take mine off too

·
Registered
835 Posts
I use it to hold my hat when I ride to a bike night.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Is it FZ09 Forum regs to toss this into garbage? ;)

·
Registered
294 Posts
The purpose of the strap is so a passenger has something to hold onto, so it needs to be loose enough for a passenger to grab and hold onto comfortably. If the strap is too tight, it will squeeze the bajeezus out of your passenger's fingers.

You could relocate the holes and make it tighter I suppose.

That being said, mine has found its way into a landfill.
The purpose of 2-up riding is to have the passenger "hold on" to me...if not, she can take a taxi.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I just lean the bike into my hip, align the stand and push the handle back as I slip around to the back and presto, done. I have never dropped the bike. I leave the kick stand down as a safety measure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts