Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy this seat is advancing my prostrate screening. I put an AirHawk on today and it helped but got that sitting-on-top feel
Thinking of going to Russell but then I would not be able to ride my bike for a few weeks.
Any one else going for seat options beyond the Yamaha accessory seat?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone have a different seat on yet or anyone considering Mayer,Russell Ect ?
I want something more substantial than the Yamaha accessory seat.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I just now found out that Zero Gravity is making seats. I must live in a cave. The two models sound great. 1. Latigo, 2. Dragon Tail.. I just drafted them this letter. The more people that inquire, the better of a chance that we have of getting some great products.

[email protected]

Body of Email:

Dear Tech Gurus:

I am a big fan of your products and wanted to ask you if you had any intentions of developing any products for the following new model:

2014, Yamaha FZ-09

It appears that the bike is going to be a huge worldwide sales success. Initial orders in the US have doubled the projected production amount that Yamaha planned.

There are two items that your company can accommodate an aftermarket demand. The first is a naked bike standard flyscreen, with different height/tint screen options. The second option is that the stock seat is not comfortable at all. A Latigo or Dragons tail would be a great alternative.

On the two main Yamaha FZ-09 forums that I am a member of, the two topics are constantly talked about, and it would be a great sales niche for your company.

Let me know if you have any intent on developing these products, as I am sure that the batch buyers of newly delivered bikes would be interested in knowing your intention.

Kindest regards,

·
Registered
354 Posts
Why not take it to your local upholsterer i bet it will be less expensive?

Reactions: Shaggiinator

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Why not take it to your local upholsterer i bet it will be less expensive?
For me, it is never about saving money. I spare no expense on my favorite hobby. I am buying this bike for it's unique character, not the price. Selecting the proper density and shape of foam, as well as the best material for plyability and grip are extremely essential to a good saddle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I tried that once and it cost me $165.00 and worse worse off.
They don't know about seats or the proper foam. Dont be cheap RE the seat
Lucky

·
Registered
354 Posts
I think you might have missed my point or i did not explain it well i am not talking about taking it to some guy who can recover your chair take it to the guy who does motorcycle seats. I might be lucky in that department being everyone in the area are trying to be like paul and paul jr and build motorcycles So i am sure there are plenty of places in my area who can do this. bike builders are a dime a dozen in my area.

·
Registered
347 Posts
It's unfortunate that the seat is that bad. I was hoping to ride it for a week, put some soft bags on, and ride down to either Texas or North Carolina. I spend a lot of time on a mountain bike, so maybe my butt will be tough enough.

W

·
0 Posts
I did notice on the two I saw today that the seat seemed quite narrow at the 'nads. But then again it's not a touring bike. Just give it a try before changing anything. It might be OK. If your prost(r)ate can take an MTB seat it shouldn't bitch too much about the Niner. Here again, while mountain biking you aren't sitting all the time, quite often you're up out of the seat.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks rabbitman,I emailed Eddie to see if he'd be interested.I like the wings on the seat that carries xtra butt spillage.
Right now my seat is going this week to him or Spencer's,in the meantime I'm gonna put an Alaskan sheepskin on.

·
Registered
663 Posts
is the AHR the company logo, or something custom? Custom embroidery would be cool. Initials, name or whatever would give a great custom look. I like the color scheme on your FZ1.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Talked to Seat Concepts and they said they would consider making a seat but need a FZ-09 rider in the LA area so they could fit a seat
Probably means that guy gets a Seat Concepts seat for free.

·
Registered
3 Posts
DIYMotorcycleSeat.com - Home Page

If you are handy and don't mind making a mess check this site out and see what you can come up with.

After years and years of mountain biking and cyclocross racing my butt qualifies for a rockwell rating. So the seat dosen't bother me that much. But if I take this thing for a long ride (say 400 mls) I'm going to have a problem.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My MT-03 had a very uncomfortable seat - like sitting on a telegraph pole. I inserted a gel pad into the foam and now all is well.

1 - 20 of 295 Posts