Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had the seat not want to unlock in the past... And I said f it and it came off the next day.

Well same thing happened today and figure I should try figuring it out for real this time.

The key is kind of sticky, but turns all the way. And I can feel the tab/lever inside the tray area turning as well. But the seat will not budge. I'm back at work so can't tinker until this evening, but not real sure what to try next.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ignore this... Found the other threads on the topic. Had to pull down on the key while turning. Going to have to bend the tab like the others I guess...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ignore this... Found the other threads on the topic. Had to pull down on the key while turning. Going to have to bend the tab like the others I guess...
Thanks for updating this.
I've noticed mine is a little sticky too, just didn't think anything about it. Now I know it's a common thing.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The seat latch design on these bikes leaves much to be desired. Even after you get 'the trick' (pulling the seat strap back to remove, forward to latch) it's still a clunky, hit-and-miss process.

Whatever you do, don't run saddlebag straps or anything else under the seat. When that mechanism gets jammed it really gets jammed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts