Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,323 Posts
I have a Yamaha Europe Street Rally MT09 seat for sale. It does provide a couple of extra inches. I bought it for situations just as what you mentioned. Does a 1st generation FZ09 seat fit the XSR?

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Street Rally seat works great for me.
187cm tall

Oh sorry, dont know if it fits the xsr.
Most likely not.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Would also recommend looking into aftermarket rearsets as well to lower pegs and levers

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,319 Posts
Would also recommend looking into aftermarket rearsets as well to lower pegs and levers
Does anyone make complete rearsets that are lower than stock? I'm thinking you might be limited to some of those lowered footpeg kits...

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
705 Posts
I'd check out Seat Concepts. I did one over the winter for my MT 10 and I'm really happy with it. Looks good and they took out the dip that had me sliding up on the tank. They offer an option to build up seats and installation can be done yourself of by them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think you won't be happy with a higher seat. In my opinion it will change the "geometrie you are sitting in the bike".
I would prefer lowering the pegs and would live with the loss of ground clearance.

Michael

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,319 Posts
You’ll have to Google that one. I just picked a random image (Aprilia Tuono, I think) to convey the idea. I’m sure there are tons of these available for just about any bike...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I found the Buell front foot pegs (Buell is NOT manufactured by Harley any longer) worked on both the Z900 and my old B-King (I sold the ol' B-King awhile ago) They dropped the peg position just enough to make a big difference to my knees. I had to make just minor adjustments on both the brake and shift levers. P.S. I found the Buell foot pegs online...PEACE RIDE SAFE

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I found the Buell front foot pegs (Buell is NOT manufactured by Harley any longer) worked on both the Z900 and my old B-King (I sold the ol' B-King awhile ago) They dropped the peg position just enough to make a big difference to my knees. I had to make just minor adjustments on both the brake and shift levers. P.S. I found the Buell foot pegs online...PEACE RIDE SAFE
Ooops...The Glendale Harley Store (sponsor of the LOVE RIDE) had some of the Buell foot pegs in stock

1 - 15 of 15 Posts