Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stock seat is the only thing i dislike about my Fz-09 and the seat concepts seems like a good alternative for the $$$.
Does this seat eliminate the slope towards the tank and how comfy is it for long rides?I have tried spandex shorts with the chammis crotch that i use for dirt bike but it only helps alittle!! All opinions of riders who have this seat would be great and more pictures of it too would help!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Better but not perfect. Three hours and I am uncomfortable on it. The slope of the stock seat did not bother me as I am 6'0" tall. It did not push me into the tank. I am not a fan of the gripper material on a street bike. I cannot slide from side to side and hang off the bike without lifting up my ass. The sweet spot is pretty good as far as the width.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont like the gripper either but it comes in all carbon.I am 5'11" and i feel like i am pushed right into the tank.I cant get comfy with the stock seat.Rode 35miles today and my butt was hurtin!

·
Registered
365 Posts
I got their very first one and I am happy with it. I also felt like I was being pushed forward on stock seat, they did fix that issue. They re-shaped it slightly and make a much higher quality foam. As far as the gripper material i got used to it quickly, but like Doug said you will have to lift to go from one side to the other. A couple members have the all carbon seat and it looks awesome.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I now have 500 miles on my Seat Concepts seat. It feels better than when I bought it and seems to be getting softer as time goes on with more miles. Much much better than stock though. I can ride at least three or four hours without my rear end feeling like it's been sitting on a brick. I have the gripper seat with carbon trim. Good luck

·
Registered
108 Posts
The SC seat is better, but I agree, it is not the best. The gripper is too grippy, and it still is not comfortable after some miles. Really wish there was an option for a bit taller and maybe wider profile available.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Ya, kinda want more elevation, and level with a non gripping carbon fiber pattern on it, with a front and back seat partition

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can you get the carbon fiber look without the gripper?
You can order the carbon fiber seat without any gripper material. Just talk to them and they will work with you. The carbon is the trim between the front and passenger seat. You can get the entire seat in that material. The gripper material is prevalent on my seat as you can see ....and I like it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Rode my FZ to the office today (20 miles mostly freeway). This is my first ride with the Seat Concepts foam and seat cover. So far I like it. I need to get used to the gripper seat material. I am not sure about that yet but I've never had gripper seat on the street before so I haven't given up on it yet.

I like the position. Seems to be a little taller than stock. The seat is more comfortable under my butt and I did not notice the pressure the stock seat put on my balls, but even the stock seat was not too bad for about 45 minutes ...

I need to ride more! Such a bad problem to have!

·
Registered
473 Posts
I got the all carbon from seat concepts. You can easily slide around. I got two steps softer foam after trying the standard foam. Much improved but I can't ride for hours that's for sure. Without more width in that sweet spot you're somewhat limited by shape and softness of the foam. Now if a guy wants to spend $450 maybe. IMO

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got the all carbon from seat concepts. You can easily slide around. I got two steps softer foam after trying the standard foam. Much improved but I can't ride for hours that's for sure. Without more width in that sweet spot you're somewhat limited by shape and softness of the foam. Now if a guy wants to spend $450 maybe. IMO
Orangeblaze,i was wondering if you could post a picture of the all carbon seat?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just got my Seat Concepts seat and it is awesome. I think too many people are expecting to get a full custom seat (which it is not) but for the money, this seat is a huge improvement. The all carbon fiber looks great and allows me to move around on the seat. image.jpg

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just got my Seat Concepts seat and it is awesome. I think too many people are expecting to get a full custom seat (which it is not) but for the money, this seat is a huge improvement. The all carbon fiber looks great and allows me to move around on the seat. View attachment 5685
Nice. Did you drop by their shop and get it done? I'm not too far from them and considering getting my seat redone by them. Do they have different padding firmness?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nice. Did you drop by their shop and get it done? I'm not too far from them and considering getting my seat redone by them. Do they have different padding firmness?
Yep sure did. Called them on a Friday morning and they said if I could make it in quick since they were gonna be out of the office at noon. I drove straight down there and watched them do the seat. Really good people. They do have different firmness but I do not know if they have some on hand for you to try right then and there. After they took my seat cover off they let me go sit on the bike with their foam to see how I liked it. I thought standard was perfect. Just make sure you call ahead and see if they have the softer foam for you to try. Also if you drive to their location it's a cash only deal so make sure you figure out how much it's going to be.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have about 500 miles on my Seat Concepts seat in all Carbon. It needs to be broken in, but compared to the OEM seat it's night and day. It's 100% worth the price!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've got one on my FZ09. The other night, I was pressing down on the thinner rear area of the seat, checking sag after a new shock install, when I felt something bite my palm. Turns out someone used some staples that were too long. They offered to re-do the seat. I mentioned that I had gone to the trouble to buy a used donor seat to avoid downtime, then passed my own seat on to another forum member for the same purpose. After some back and forth, they called back and offered to send me a new cover, and pay for a shop to install it. In the end, they wound up providing good customer service. I would buy another SC seat, knowing they back their product. I also find it more comfortable than stock, and don't have any feeling of being pushed toward the tank, but I may sit more forward than some. I have the standard gripper cover.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Got a local upholstery shop to install my all Carbon yesterday ($20). Combined with the ECU I just received back from Nick, this thing is like a different bike. The seat is a great improvement over the OEM.

IMG_4082.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts