Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YamahaFZ09.com would like to welcome Seat Concepts as our newest Supporting Vendor!

Please take a moment to visit their website at the following URL:

Seat Concepts

·
Registered
47 Posts
The seat is in the mold making process as we speak. Hope to have the done product with new cover design next week. I will post up pic's when I have them.

I will also set up a group buy once the seat is done and on the bike for pictures. That way everyone can see what they are buying.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Welcome in the band! Prices are great... might jump in the group. 2K miles now... not sure if my seat or my butt is broken in. Feel better but still need to work on the forward slope.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am really interested in a new seat. Your seats look really nice. I would like a taller seat that would eliminate the bump to make an even transition from front to back. So I can sit just a little further back.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Our seat is modified to eliminate the forward slope, modified the step so there is more room from the step to the tank also. Slight build up on the edge for better support for larger riders. These changes along with our proprietary foam will create a better seat for the long ride.

Motodunner, sounds like you need a custom seat. We can do a custom tall seat. Contact us at seatconcepts.com

·
Registered
582 Posts
Being vertically challenged, I would like a seat that is better padded but no taller (shorted desired). Don't know if you will be offering different models using the same seat pan or if you would have a couple of different configurations. Narrow in the front does help me. Getting rid of the slope is a good thing for sure.

·
Registered
611 Posts
not sure if my seat or my butt is broken in. Feel better but still need to work on the forward slope.
Dude, u make it waaay to easy! lol

Seriously though, looking forward to the new seat =)

Reactions: marthy

·
Registered
364 Posts
popcorn.gif

Watchful waiting

·
Registered
244 Posts
Q;
- does it use the OEM lock mechanism?
- are you fitting it per riders weight and style?
- is the narrows part (toward the tank) tapered?
- are you able to incorporated heat elements?
- what kind of foam or you using?

==> I check out their website and it seems you guys even make your own custom Racks?
Now any EAT on a Rack for our FZ-09....

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
They are using my bike and I can answer the first question. Same seat pan so locking mechanism will be same, no changes made to pan

·
Registered
365 Posts
You can check them out on you tube to see how their seats work to get an idea. Id post a link but im on my phone and cant figure it out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts