Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
People seem to forget that if every single person with a question only used the search button, this and every other forum would be DEAD! Ask a question if you need to. The people that say "use the search button" have no useful input anyway.
I have the Seat Concepts seat and it's pretty good. With about 1500 miles on it, it is pretty broken in. It's not perfect, but it's definitely better than stock. If you do get one get the foam 1 or 2 stages softer. I went with the normal foam and wish I got something a little softer. It's a very good seat and for the price is a bargain.

Reactions: Steve101

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
People seem to forget that if every single person with a question only used the search button, this and every other forum would be DEAD! Ask a question if you need to.
That may or may not be true, but hopefully they would at least get it in the correct section........so, this thread gets moved to where it belongs.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
People seem to forget that if every single person with a question only used the search button, this and every other forum would be DEAD! Ask a question if you need to. The people that say "use the search button" have no useful input anyway.
I disagree a little bit with this statement.

1) How many seat threads does one forum need? ...seems like this subject has been thoroughly covered.

2) The forum may become quieter if people searched, but who wants an artificially active forum where the same five questions are asked over-and-over-and-over?

3) If a forum has countless threads on the same topic, it makes it harder to find the info you're looking for later... like if there's 100 threads to read and sift through vs. 25 threads.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
the more threads you have on one subject the less efficient the search becomes. For example, if you search for 'Exhaust' or 'ECU' flash, so many different threads come up that it becomes difficult to narrow down what you are looking for. The worst part of it is that the search tool doesn't tell you what page of the thread your keywords are located in, so you have read through each thread. In the end you end up with a forum with hoards of threads on the same subject making all of the threads essentially useless.

Reactions: triplethreat

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
I try to move/keep threads in the proper place, but it gets tiresome and I've only got so many hours to the day. Many times, I will have to read a thread and then make a determination whether or not it should stay where it's at or if it should be moved....it's not always cut and dried and hopefully, I'm keeping up to some degree. I agree, searches go a LONG way and if used properly, can cut down on the the multiple threads on the same subject. No one is perfect, and it happens sometimes, but I would ask that everyone please do their best to search first before starting a new thread...AND...look through the list of available choices that would cover the topic at hand before just posting in the general section.

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I try to move/keep threads in the proper place, but it gets tiresome and I've only got so many hours to the day. Many times, I will have to read a thread and then make a determination whether or not it should stay where it's at or if it should be moved....it's not always cut and dried and hopefully, I'm keeping up to some degree. I agree, searches go a LONG way and if used properly, can cut down on the the multiple threads on the same subject. No one is perfect, and it happens sometimes, but I would ask that everyone please do their best to search first before starting a new thread...AND...look through the list of available choices that would cover the topic at hand before just posting in the general section.

Thanks in Advance.
We all appreciate what your doing, truly. But as we all know, people love shortcuts and starting a new thread is one big shortcut on here.

Hang in there.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

Thanks in Advance.
Is it possible for you to Lock this or any thread you think doesn't belong or has outlived its usefulness...???

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
To answer the original question:

I've seen the seat concept on many FZ-09's from forum members, the build quality looks great and the foam is comfortable. They offer multiple levels of foam density and materials.

I will eventually be getting mine done in the carbon material since I like the ability to shift my body around with ease.

But yeah, its great.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Is it possible for you to Lock this or any thread you think doesn't belong or has outlived its usefulness...???
The short answer is Yes! The more defined answer is that I will move a thread if appropriate, and I can lock a thread if need be. I tend to sometimes lean towards letting somethings just run their course and not have a "heavy hand" in the moderation dept. Obviously, there are some threads, comments, things that are posted that are just inappropriate for whatever reason and those generally get dealt with as soon as me, eolith, cjhorton, or NickJ sees them.

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
168 Posts
Whats the time difference between 10 threads with 50 post on each than one with 500 on it? If not for sure where in it u need to look than time not much difference.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Whats the time difference between 10 threads with 50 post on each than one with 500 on it? If not for sure where in it u need to look than time not much difference.
I think the point is if there were only one thread, there wouldn't be 500 posts... because the question prompting the 10+ individual threads would have been answered well before the one thread hit 500 posts.

....one thread to rule them all

1 - 14 of 14 Posts