Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I had a Seat Concepts seat installed, and it is absolutely fantastic! I actually rode out to the Seat Concepts office for the installation. The staff was extremely friendly, and they installed the seat in under 30 minutes.
  • Firmness: Standard
  • Front Material: Carbon Fiber
  • Custom Rear Material: Gripper
  • Custom Stitching: Red
Aesthetics: 5/5
The pictures should say it all, the seat looks great! The carbon fiber shines and the custom stitching is sharp. I particularly like that seat still holds the tight shape of the stock seat and does not bloat the tail section like some other custom seats.

Quality: 5/5
The craftsmanship is also wonderful, and the material is absolutely fantastic! The carbon fiber feels great and gives you freedom of motion in the saddle, while the rear gripper holds even better than the stock material.

Comfort: 4/5
The seat is a great improvement over the stock seat. I got the standard firmness form, which is still noticeably softer than the stock seat. There is more foam up front and slightly less foam in rear, definitely fixing the problem of riding up into the tank. The seat is not a totally transformative experience, but it does unquestionably "fix" the problems with the stock seat.

Value: 5/5
I sincerely do not believe there is a better value out there for $160. You can all the customization that you want (custom stitching and multiple materials) for a additional flat fee of $20.

TLDR: I am a very satisfied customer. :)

seat_concepts_fz09_1.jpg seat_concepts_fz09_2.jpg seat_concepts_fz09_3.jpg seat_concepts_fz09_4.jpg

·
Registered
612 Posts
It looks good for sure, but it also looks very slippery.. I find with the stock seat I already slide back and forth under acceleration and hard braking too much sometimes, the carbon fabric on the Seat Concepts looks like it would be more slippery than stock.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The carbon fiber is more slippery than the stock stock material, hence I mentioned the "freedom of motion", which I consider to be a good thing! The improved shape of the seat does quite a bit to solve the sliding problem; I have absolutely no problems with sliding on acceleration, however hard breaking can still cause me to slide forward a bit.

·
Registered
957 Posts
It looks good for sure, but it also looks very slippery.. I find with the stock seat I already slide back and forth under acceleration and hard braking too much sometimes, the carbon fabric on the Seat Concepts looks like it would be more slippery than stock.
If you want something that keeps you planted request the gripper material instead of the carbon fiber.

·
Registered
612 Posts
If you want something that keeps you planted request the gripper material instead of the carbon fiber.

That's exactly what I plan to do when I order my seat this winter.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Thanks for the review Stray. Great pics. Hmmm........ I wonder if they're open tomorrow after Thanksgiving?
I wonder if they deliver to Florida :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
If you can hold out till early next year, Seat Concepts will have a full replacement seat available. Received word they are in the final approval stages of the new seat and should be tooled up and ready to sell by early 2015. They will be sure to post up once it goes on sale. If you can't wait then get your stock pan recovered now.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sick. Im a narrow bottom and dont find the stock seat all that bad. So I'm curious to see what they come up with in early '15 because Stray750's seat looks nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts