Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been getting fd__ 19 error code (the error for the kickstand sensor) and I cannot get the thing to go away for longer than maybe a minute or so after idle. I played with the sensor repeatedly, opened it up cleaned it, put it back... nothing. A friend told me to check some of the wiring in the front near the headlight because all the wiring is connected there. Note that the bike I have is a salvage with a bunch of horrible wiring and electrical tape wrapping unsoldered wires. I played with some of the cables seeing if anything would give and after disconnecting one of the wires for the left turn signal, the code vanished. So I tried to start the bike to idle and it just dies and the error code returns. I decided to just properly unwrap and solder all the ****ed wiring on the bike and I got just about everything, even removed a piece of shit alarm system that was sapping the battery, but still I'm left with nothing but a more frequent disappearing pattern of the fd__ 19 error code. I ended up cutting the the sensor before the coupler to have them touch and simply bypass the sensor, it didn't work. I figured okay maybe the coupler's ****ed so I cut and attached the wires even before the coupler (closer to the main wiring), still nothing. Note that the error message doesn't even properly disappear when the wires touch, it just kind of comes and goes with or without the ****ing things touching. I'm honestly at a dead end and a bit over my head here, not sure what to do, if you haven't noticed by now i have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to electrical work. I'm thinking of replacing the spark plugs tomorrow and see if anything changes. Does anyone have any guesses as to what could be going on? I mean the bike is "fully functional" I want to say, with the exception of this. I've been able to start and idle it for a while but again, it just dies and shows that error code again. Any help or speculation is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The SD19 code on the FZ-09 can and will show up when the ignition switch is turned off or on "too slowly". If I had to guess, I'd guess your problem lies in the ignition switch.

My 2015 model throws this code occasionally and it's definitely related to the speed of the ignition switch rotating.

Your particular ignition switch sounds like it might have a loose connection either inside or outside at the plug.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, after everything, I disconnected and reconnected the ignition switch coupler, and it's gone... lmfao

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
It's a good idea to use electronic cleaner on the contacts and a spray of dielectric grease.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts