Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Yamaha Fz09
Back story, my bike was stolen. The cut the ignition lock switch wires and tried to Hotwire them…
after I recovered the bike I ordered a new ignition lock switch wired it up and the bike wouldn’t run…. Engine light comes on with sd 19 error, the bike will turn over but not start. If I pull the clutch in it will start in any gear or neutral and the code will go away. As of now I have the bike clutch switch bypassed and the kick stand switch bypassed and the bike will run and drive with no codes but the gear indicator does not work… both of those devices have to be bypassed together in order for it to run and drive… I’m thinking the ecu might be toast from them trying trying to Hotwire it… do y’all have any input ?
thank you! Been stuck in this for days

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
SD 19 is an error from the sidestand switch circuit. This error sometimes pops up on older models when the timing of turning the ignition is too slow. It could be what's happening right now.

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SD 19 is an error from the sidestand switch circuit. This error sometimes pops up on older models when the timing of turning the ignition is too slow. It could be what's happening right now.

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk
I read about this issue people said it comes and goes. This code came up after I put the new switch in from when it got stolen. And the code isn’t going away unless clutch and kick stand are bypassed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts