Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody else noticed how soft the screen is on the gauge? First ride out, I wiped it down with a paper towel from a gas station and it caused some swirl marks. They are only visible in the right light, so, no biggie. The other day I used a regular, clean towel with some glass cleaner on the gauge and it left some pretty bad marks - more than just swirl marks. I'm pretty OCD with my cars and toys and these new scratches/marks are driving me insane!!

Any ideas on how to get scratches and swirl marks out of the gauge screen? I tried non-abrasive car wax and it didn't do much.

Also, can anybody recommend a cleaner for the headers? Scotch Brite pad while washing helped a little, but there is still a bit of brown/discoloration.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I cut a piece of Tank Slappers material and put over the gauge cluster so it would not get any more scratches on it.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,172 Posts
Try Meguiar's Plastx and a microfiber cloth to clean the scratches off...

plastx.jpg

You can find it just about anywhere, auto parts stores, Harbor Freight, etc...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah I use a microfibre cloth on mine but have still managed to get some light scratching. Using a clear tank protector or ipad protector is a great idea.

·
Registered
89 Posts
lol this was one of the first things I noticed when I got the bike. Drove me crazy for awhile but got over it. Will try to buff them out over winter and use a screen protector next season.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts