Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have somehow managed to get a scratch on the dash/console screen at one side.

Has anyone had any success in removing them?

Or is the dash screen removable/replaceable?

Its luckily not across the information area but because the border is black it really stands out.....

Cheers

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Depends on depth. I've had absolute success removing light surface scratches with Glare polish. It will make paint, and that screen, mirror like.

·
Registered
320 Posts
When I got home after the 1+ hour ride home from buying the bike, I realized the "technicians" had positioned the brake reservoir so the front of the instrument panel was vibrating against its back. Now there is a dull area with a slight indentation in the bottom right corner of the cluster... I thought about trying some rubbing compound but I don't want the whole thing to look "rubbed". I'll look into this glare polish. Is it a certain brand or that is just the generic name?

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I found some carbon cover one time that you can stick on top of it. They have the screen, key area and other things... can't remember where I saw that?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys I did think about the carbon cover but.....I would still know underneath it is scratched. Will look at Glare and give it a go

Cheers

·
Registered
730 Posts
Any mild polishing compound will work....
MILD.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well thank you all for your input.

I did a bit of reading on the subject and had thought to try some jewelers rouge I have.
Then a stumbled across a suggestion to try good old toothpaste, so tried a small area on the wind screen and to my surprise really worked.
So using it on just my finger and not more than the size of a match head I gentle rubbed and then used a damp cloth to wipe it clean.
Well have to say brilliant it is now perhaps slightly more polished then the remainder of the dash.
So those old remedies sometimes do work.
The dash is really very soft plastic so I think I'll have to treat myself to the carbon cover anyhow, safe in the knowledge it doesn't hid a scratch ......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts