Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems as though Scorpio does not have a factory connector kit for the FZ09, or maybe their website is not up-to-date. I know that I could use the universal kit. Does anyone know whether any of the existing Yamaha factory connector kits can be used on the FZ09?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I had this same question when I bought my SR-i900. At the time(3 months ago) they did not yet have a OEM style kit for the FZ, and CS wasn't sure if any of their other Yamaha kits would work. I just went with the universal kit for my install and with the exception of having to tap into a couple of wires, it's a clean and super easy install. Love this alarm, got the optional perimeter sensor as well and the passive arming/disarming works as advertised. Well worth the money, imho...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is the older version, an i500 with shock and proximity sensors, and an immobilizer module (I have never connected the immobilizer). I think the biggest difference is the lack of RFID on the i500.....I have to manually arm it, but it does have a pager. I have a couple of Yamaha factory connector kits, so I will take a quick look to see if any will work.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I had an i500 on my R6, which is I why when it came time to alarm the FZ, I went with another Scorpio. 10 years I had the i500 on the R6 with no problems whatsoever. Truthfully, that RFID is kind of gimmicky, and I never use it, preferring to manually push the button to arm/disarm. The RFID range is like 2 feet, so as soon as I step away that distance, it's arming itself whether you intended to or not. But still a super solid, quality alarm...

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I contacted Scorpio they informed they have not seen the bike yet. They asked me to take a photo of the connectors under the seat. Have been to busy to do so. I will let you guys know when I do and see if one of the kits will fit.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
They told me the same thing 5 months ago. I guess it's possible one of their other Yamaha plug n play kits would work, but for the few wires I had to tap, it wasn't an issue for me personally...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts