Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone riding with the Schuberth C3 Pro? If so, comments and concerns please. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
I had a C2, it was quiet and comfy, but it was terrible when riding behind large vehicles. It kept trying to lift my head up.
The C3 is probably better, but try before you buy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had one for 3 years now. First year was painful and gave me headaches. I switched to a large liner to replace the medium liner it came with, both liners use the same outer shell. With the new liner and some work with a round ended dowel I was able to create an impression for my forehead to fit into. It helped but I had to finish it off with a 16 pound shot-put sitting in the helmet over the winter. Now there's room for my oval head. (Schuberth's are made for round headed-people)

The fit and finish is top-notch. It's the quietest helmet I've ever had but all that wind isolation makes it very hot in the summer. The ventilation is inadequate. I don't care much for the "built-in" intercom system either. My Sena system was much better. I've ridden when the temperatures are in the upper teens and twenties (F°) and it's nice and warm with the chin deflector in.

I still think it's quite expensive and wouldn't have bought it without a discount, but I absolutely love the color and graphics. My wife (round-headed) is very happy with hers.

Hope this helps. It sucks that you can't test drive a helmet.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
I've had one for 3 years now. First year was painful and gave me headaches. I switched to a large liner to replace the medium liner it came with, both liners use the same outer shell. With the new liner and some work with a round ended dowel I was able to create an impression for my forehead to fit into. It helped but I had to finish it off with a 16 pound shot-put sitting in the helmet over the winter. Now there's room for my oval head. (Schuberth's are made for round headed-people)

The fit and finish is top-notch. It's the quietest helmet I've ever had but all that wind isolation makes it very hot in the summer. The ventilation is inadequate. I don't care much for the "built-in" intercom system either. My Sena system was much better. I've ridden when the temperatures are in the upper teens and twenties (F°) and it's nice and warm with the chin deflector in.

I still think it's quite expensive and wouldn't have bought it without a discount, but I absolutely love the color and graphics. My wife (round-headed) is very happy with hers.

Hope this helps. It sucks that you can't test drive a helmet.
Just make sure that if you bin it, don't land on your forehead.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a Shoei Neotec and then a fantastic buy for the Schuberth showed up so I pulled the trigger. It is lighter than the Shoei and smaller, both pluses. I did not notice it being any quieter and it was definitely warmer. Biggest thing I didn't like that I thought I would was the ratchet on the chin strap. I had visions of a single swipe and having the helmet secured in seconds. That was true, but where they chose to anchor the strap made the buckle sit right against my adams apple (I don't have a large one). Also, whereas the Shoei chin bar can be snapped down with a single one-handed motion to get a secure 'chunk' the Schuberth required two hands to really get it closed. That may have gotten better with time, but all those things added up against it and I sold it a week after I got it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. I ordered a Shoei RF-1200 after riding with an Arai Vector for the past 8 years. The Shoei fits excellent, but there is too much wind noise above 35mph. Unfortunately, I noticed a small gap in the padding on each side of my neck causing the wind noise. Bummer because I really like the helmet overall.

So, my next purchase will be the Schuberth C3 Pro. Great deal from FCMoto. $430 for the helmet and a rainbow iridium visor....including taxes and shipping!!!

I hope I like it....

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Yeah, for sure. I plan to tuck and roll with a twist and land gently on the back of my head.
I sold a customer one of the Carbon versions. He T boned a car, flew over it and landed on his back. The helmet had really deep scratches from hitting the road hard. He didn't even get a headache. Schuberths do crash well. I guess that's why F1 guys use the car versions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts