Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you guys plan on bringing the bike back into the dealership to get the maintenance and servicing done? or will you be doing it yourself?

Also, will you guys follow the break in period. I dont know what rules you should follow but i've heard some people follow them and some dont.

and when do you guys think parts for the bike will be getting released? such as sliders, levers, fender eliminator, exhausts.. all of those mods.

·
Super Moderator
5,708 Posts
The last NEW bike that I bought, a 2005 Honda CBR 1000RR, was broke in using that method. The bike never used a drop of oil, and ran unbelievably strong. I am leaning in that direction on the new FZ.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Used this break in method on my Subaru 2012 WRX with good results. I will use it on the FZ as well. I hope to leave the dealership with new bike, oil filter, and air filter when I pick her up.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you guys follow the thing with not using synthetic oil and just using 10w40 for 1500 miles?

·
Registered
73 Posts
No synthetic for first 1200 miles. Drained WRX factory oil right away as it came stock with synthetic from factory. Also drove it hard on the way home from the dealer (about 22 miles), changed the oil and drove another 200 miles at moderate driving paces. At 1200 miles I finally switched to synthetic.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts