Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT09
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered one of these in black 3 to 6 weeks I'll keep you posted.

I need to decide what configuration to run, a bit of reading suggests CAT out re-flash but with the db killer in place. New filter or stock?

Not too many around to views are thin on the ground.

Istiban

·
Registered
91 Posts
Does that exhaust include a cat? If so I agree, pull that sucker out. I have an SC for my R6, it’s an ear bleeder. So even with the db killer you’ll enjoy a nice sound but maybe without setting off car alarms.

A new (race) filter will give a few extra hp if you’re wanting it (after tune). Just be mindful of the potential for more stuff to work it’s way through; new tech claims that doesn’t happen but there are still a good amount of people online discussing it. FWIW I have one bike stock filter, 1 bike race filter, no issue with either.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT09
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, comes with a CAT, looks like I'll need to run with the CAT until I get a remap as it's gonna run too lean (apparently). Vcyclenut is getting hold of one, so may follow his recommendations although he's not shipping ECU's to the UK due to issues with shipping and doesn't deal with files. I don't think there is anyone in the UK with his insight into these machines so will have a look at options before I rush into anything still some way off actually landing with me also.

Istiban

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah it’ll run run lean with that extra air flow. Short term it wouldn’t hurt too much but it’s better to be safe than sorry IMO.

I think this is an opportunity for someone in the UK to strike up a partnership with Vcyclenut so they can benefit from his expertise and further strengthen our US-UK relationship 😂 “From Washington to Wolverhampton, we got you covered aye we.”

If I were you, take a holiday/vacation to the US, bring your ECU. When you get to the hotel, ship out your ECU immediately. He turns it around so fast you can have it before you leave!

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT09
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not impossible I used to travel over quite a bit with work pre-COVID and I have a company to go via, but VCycleNut is not wrong shipping can be a pain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts