Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an email from Sargent Cycle the seat is out I'm just wondering if anyone here is getting one and if so could you please give me your input. 369.95

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have/had Sargent's on my vtr1k, vfr800, vfr750, fz1, and had them do a custom seat for a Hawk gt (quite cheap really). They just seem to get it right for my ass, even 1k + days :)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
PROMOTION CODE:

FZ090914

PLEASE CALL TO ORDER.

Call 1-800-749-7328 to order.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I will order before the deadline for the discount. Let you know then. I have had great luck with the Sergent World sports before. Best thing about Sergents and Corbins...you can sell them for a chunk of money after you sell the bike. Usually locally...no shipping.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What is the deadline? Any mention of when the cowl will be ready in the email?

How about someone with the email shoot me a pm and Ill give you my email address.

Thanks!

·
Registered
619 Posts
What is the deadline? Any mention of when the cowl will be ready in the email?

How about someone with the email shoot me a pm and Ill give you my email address.

Thanks!
THE PRE-REGISTRATION PRICING INCLUDES THE DISCOUNT!

*** Offer good until Friday, October 10, 2014.
This offer may not be stacked with any other discounts.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I contacted Sargent last year about an FZ-09 seat and have been excited to see their offering.

I'm really disappointed in the passenger accommodation--especially compared to other designs that look even better.

If you never plan to ride with a passenger, I'm sure it's a great seat. And the price is very competitive. I was really happy with my last Sargent.

·
Registered
290 Posts
$40 discount. A good amount, but not enough of one for me to spend that much for a new seat. I'm going with a new cover and foam from Seat Concepts instead. I had both Sargent and Seat Concepts for my bikes and they are so close to being the same comfort I go with the best value now. The seat pan is very light weight on the FZ-09 and will be lighter than the Sargent seat also.

·
Registered
584 Posts
How does it compare to the Corbin? Maybe Corbin will run a special?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They claim enhanced passenger comfort with a compromising aesthetics. I do like the stream line look. They keep the great lines of the fz. And wow you get an led flash light. Lol. What is the price of seat concepts seat and pan?

·
Registered
601 Posts
This seat is both higher and wider in the passenger area. And I think it looks better.

I don't know why the rider's section has to extend that far back on the Sargent. I couldn't even reach the bars if I slid back that far.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
They claim enhanced passenger comfort with a compromising aesthetics. I do like the stream line look. They keep the great lines of the fz. And wow you get an led flash light. Lol. What is the price of seat concepts seat and pan?
Is it possible to request No LED Flashlight and save $100....???

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yes, I am going to order my seat on Monday. It takes two to three weeks. That's what they say on the website.

·
Registered
833 Posts
This seat is both higher and wider in the passenger area. And I think it looks better.

I don't know why the rider's section has to extend that far back on the Sargent. I couldn't even reach the bars if I slid back that far.
Where can you buy that seat though? How much?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Wonder how much this seat will raise the height. I'm 5'8 with a 30" in seam and the stock seat is as high as I'd go

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
One thing that I will say, is that I'm glad my Corbin doesn't have that upswing in the seat by the subframe... it's just weird to be able to see into the bike there.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts