Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent them an email for an update and it looks like this summer. Should be cool with some extra features like storage, flashlight and cowl option. What do you guys think about asking for a group buy? Here is a snippet from their email:

" I apologize for the time this is taking, but rest assured that the FZ-09 is very much in the works. The development is intensive because we are working to include some great features in addition to great comfort. Features will include under-seat storage, flashlight, as well as an attractive optional cowl system that will not limit passenger comfort (as many cowls do).

We are working hard to release the product this summer sometime, but at this time it is hard pinpoint closer.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Wheres the link to their website?
My seat hurts my bony arse.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am hoping that sargent release it before the summer is over.They seem to make a quality product and make it affordable would be nice too.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are usually pricey, but we will see. agreed they prob lost a bunch of sales. I don't like the look of the aftermarket seats available now so I will hold out. Plus I went and bought some of those Gel shorts that bicycle riders wear. Feels like you crapped your pants, but should be more comfy.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sent them an email for an update and it looks like this summer. Should be cool with some extra features like storage, flashlight and cowl option. What do you guys think about asking for a group buy? Here is a snippet from their email:

" I apologize for the time this is taking, but rest assured that the FZ-09 is very much in the works. The development is intensive because we are working to include some great features in addition to great comfort. Features will include under-seat storage, flashlight, as well as an attractive optional cowl system that will not limit passenger comfort (as many cowls do).

We are working hard to release the product this summer sometime, but at this time it is hard pinpoint closer.

This sounds interesting might be worth the wait .... ?

·
Registered
156 Posts
im waiting on the sargent seat too, saw this thread and was hoping it was out already. dont forget to sign up on their website as they're saying there will be a discount to do so. and yea sargent should have had something out by now for this bike. losing $ by the hour.,

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
It is a shame that Sergeant did not recognize the sales potential by getting a seat to market sooner. I had one on my VFR and loved it. They lost my business by dicking around and not caring to make it a priority. I doubt that I will consider them in my future purchases because of their safe attitude.

·
Vendor
2,394 Posts
It is a shame that Sergeant did not recognize the sales potential by getting a seat to market sooner. I had one on my VFR and loved it. They lost my business by dicking around and not caring to make it a priority. I doubt that I will consider them in my future purchases because of their safe attitude.
Well said, Doug.

I've been a long time Sargent customer.
But thanks to their dilly-daddiling on the 9er seat, I'll be getting custom seats from Eddie Barrett from now on.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Well said, Doug.

I've been a long time Sargent customer.
But thanks to their dilly-daddiling on the 9er seat, I'll be getting custom seats from Eddie Barrett from now on.
Ditto, Eddie was super responsive, hopefully getting my seat back soon. Can't wait.

Edit: after my post experience with Eddie - see thread http://www.fz09.org/forum/6-fz-09-g...ave-lost-my-seat-when-do-i-start-panic-4.html

i wouldn't say i recommend sending anything to him.

Sent from my hot secretary, dictated but not read

Reactions: Niner

·
Registered
619 Posts
I had a Sargent seat on my zrx1100. It was one of the first ones they made for the bike and it was comfortable and good looking. I was disappointed however in the fit. The seat looked good when I wasn't sitting on the bike, but when. I sat on it, the passenger portion would elevate itself. Seeing as how I'm no contortionist, I didn't know about this until a riding buddy pointed it out, (about 6 months after purchase if I recall. ) and Sargent customer service told me I was out of warrantee. Caveat emptor.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Update on the Concept seat, cheapest option, looks great, but not much comfort improved...it just changes where the pressure points are...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts