Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone awaiting a better FZ-09 seat, I received the following update yesterday from the President of Sargent:

Hi Bob,

I apologize for the time this is taking, but rest assured that the FZ-09 is very much in the works. The development is intensive because we are working to include some great features in addition to great comfort. Features will include under-seat storage, flashlight, as well as an attractive optional cowl system that will not limit passenger comfort (as many cowls do).

We are working hard to release the product this summer sometime, but at this time it is hard pinpoint closer.

Please feel free to pre-register on our website (no obligation to purchase) which will afford you great pricing as soon as it is available.

I hope this helps, and please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Thank you for your patience, as we strive to make the best motorcycle seats on the market!

MARK TODD
PRESIDENT / R&D DIRECTOR

1036 HUBBARD ST. JACKSONVILLE, FL 32206
PHONE: 904-354-4531
FAX: 904-354-7979
TOLL FREE: 1-800749-7328
M-F, 8-5 EASTERN

I'm completely pleased with the Sargent seat I bought for my R1200GS. It has been in service over 50,000 miles so far and looks like new. It replaced the stock BMW unit in 2005 because I was sore after 50 miles even with an Airhawk bladder.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The seat I bought for the BMW was front section only and I recall it was about $300.00, nine years ago. I don't know what to expect from Sargent for the new FZ-09 one, but it will probably cost more than that. On the other hand they are a high quality company. I've thought about the Yamaha Comfort seat (rumored to be from Corbin), but I've had enough experience with Corbin that I don't think I'll find their products to be a good solution for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts