Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

I'm in the market for FZ-09, trying to figure out which dealer in the bay area have the best price.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Depends on when you want the bike. I was impatient and ended up buying from the Fresno dealer as they had one in stock. The others on the peninsula and south bay were not interested in dealing, and none could tell me when they could get a red one in. SJ Yamaha didn't return two calls asking about availability and price. I wasn't willing to wait, so it was about $10.2k delivered 110 miles to my home in the south bay in early December. MSRP, freight, setup, tax, license, and some other ridiculous little state fees....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dang Lex, don't you be buying my bike...the Bay Area is going to be over run with these darn FZ's...Mark

Depends on when you want the bike. I was impatient and ended up buying from the Fresno dealer as they had one in stock. The others on the peninsula and south bay were not interested in dealing, and none could tell me when they could get a red one in. SJ Yamaha didn't return two calls asking about availability and price. I wasn't willing to wait, so it was about $10.2k delivered 110 miles to my home in the south bay in early December. MSRP, freight, setup, tax, license, and some other ridiculous little state fees....
Trying to get any dealer to bite on $9500 OTD but no taker yet, don't think I'll be on one by the end of the week!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Trying to get any dealer to bite on $9500 OTD but no taker yet, don't think I'll be on one by the end of the week!
I bought an Orange at GP SPORTS in san jose. Call Carlos at the camden location.... you won't have it by the end of the week; but you'll get on the list. I paid 9700 tops; but I wasn't going to haggle over the set up fees; especially when San Jose Yamaha has been unable to get any since the original two! I just wanted the bike! and I got it about a month after my initial deposit. **good luck**

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Guys,

I'm on the other coast, but I've been reading about how much you West Coasters dish out for this bike. Maybe you can enlighten me as to why you're paying $1500 to $2000 more than the list price?

In Connecticut, I walked out of the dealer at $8450, with tax, reg., set-up and all. I have read others here say they have done better than that. On line, dealers are selling new FZ 09s at $7500. Even with shipping costs, wouldn't you still be saving thousands by buying a bike somewhere outside your area and paying a delivery fee? It doesn't seem right that West Coast dealers should be able to jack up the price so much beyond the manufacturer's list.

Am I missing something? Are your state taxes astronomically high? (We're at 6% here.) I love my FZ, but it seems like supply has caught up with demand and there are lots of bikes for sale; if not in your local area, than just a phone call or e-mail away. But, maybe I'm not getting the full picture?

What gives?

·
Registered
272 Posts
I got mine from Scott at Berkley honda yamaha as I do all my bikes. Only BA dealer with no extra BS. I got the first red one in Norcal in Sept . Good luck RR:cool:

·
Registered
272 Posts
We pay more because were able to ride almost 365 days a year, today was 71 degrees . But realy our state tax is like 9.75% all you have to do is shop around and not get ripped off.Don't get caught up in that you make more so you pay more thing. RR:cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I envy your weather! We're looking at maybe 12 degrees as a high tomorrow. I guess I might pay more for a lot of things with that climate!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Even with shipping costs, wouldn't you still be saving thousands by buying a bike somewhere outside your area and paying a delivery fee?
you could, but you wouldn't be able to register the bike in california because 49-state bikes don't have the extra california emissions equipment.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
SF County tax rate is 8.75%, and CA vehicle registration fees are not cheap either.

I've heard tale that folks are being "out-bid" for FZ-09's. So the story goes that someone goes to dealership, agrees on price, leaves deposit with agreement to return that weekend to pay for and retrieve motorcycle (that was still in crate and unassembled). Call later in the week and confirm bike assembled and ready for pick up as agreed. Drive down to dealership and be told that "your" bike was sold to someone else (willing to pay more) about an hour earlier. Sux!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I got mine in Red Bluff which is pretty far north of SF for 8975 out the door. got to Craig's list Sacramento. There is a dealer who always says he has them. Make him an offer and see if he takes it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I've done business with Scott at Berkley Yamaha for years and he always honors what he says. If you agree on a price with a deposit he will honor it!!!!! no extra BS. RR:cool:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi Chris, yes I love our weather and the great motorcycle roads but we do pay alot more to live here. I grew up here so its always been the norm for me but for people who move here from other places the sticker shock is very real!! I guess you can't have it all RR:cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts