Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Seems to me like this is a good idea, but they took it a little too far with the email and texting. I would think that would be too much input for the rider to have while behind the bars. Maybe see WHO is texting and not what they are texting. Email is too much. Anything that would distract like that would be too much in my opinion.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
432 Posts
And I thought SENA's and earphoneos were bad... I could not imagine a product that would lead to more distractions on the road.

Not only that, but why the hell is it see through on the front? So everyone in front of you can read your text messages?

·
Registered
50 Posts
A Sena 20S seems like a better alternative than this Samsung thing. Visual distractions are the last thing I want while riding.

·
Registered
463 Posts
We might not like it, but this is the future, especially for younger riders. I used to ride with a guy - 20 years younger than me - who did one-hand texting while on his B-King. The GPS display is way cool.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
My Godson was sitting in his car at a stoplight and got rear-ended by a kid in a company pickup going around 45 mph while texting. Six months later now my Godson is in daily therapy sessions with limited ability to talk and requires help just to stand and take a couple of steps. College graduate sofware engineer with a brilliant future. Every day has turned into an extreme physical and emotional challenge for him and his fiancee.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Nearly all motorcycle accidents happen in front of the rider, within their field of view.
The Rider is nearly always a spectator to his/her own accident.
Eyes & mind, be vigilant.

Texting, etc. while riding or driving is a solidly bad idea.
People need to unplug, if they can't go audio only with something like Talker for iPhone.
I put my phone in the trunk/bags - plugged into my hands free/scala only in case of emergencies.

Tiger best wishes to your friends & family, sorry to hear of your Godson's injuries.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I very rarely answer calls on my sena, but I use it for music and bluetooth com with my friends while riding.

My best friend answers the phone constantly on his bike and cuts pace and cruises. I usually end up waiting for him.

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
A few phone calls to the outside world and Bernie Madoff is in the helmet business! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Marketing department FTW.

@ 1:05 "More safety... on two wheels."

Bike from video:

And P.S., it doesn't allow you to text/email or even read text/emails, just see who has sent you one, so "you can decide whether to pull over" to check it. But I digress, not for me.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Tech like this is distracting at best,

I ride to lose all other distractions...not increase the information overload... good god...texting while riding really???

My Diabetes Dr (Endo) explained something to me the other day... Motorcycle riders have to concentrate so much on the task at hand, that the brain burns through more glucose than normal...Explained why my sugars were going low during and after a ride... Now that I know how much concentration affects my body,I can prepare for it...

Definitely don't need anymore info while riding...

Night vision enhancement would be appreciated, but not social media connectivity...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts