Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Just make sure you get the good hose clamps to go with it. Silicone hoses tend to get badly chewed if you use the standard clamps that don't have the extra smooth clamping band to protect the hose from the holes in the outer clamp band.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Just went you think you're done modding... someone post more nice goodies to get! LOL
I was thinking the same damned thing... when I put blue hoses on my dirt bike, WOW, it really made it look awesome. It doesn't look like their red is dark enough though. Maybe I need to find better pictures.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Wanted to resurrect this ... does anyone have these that they can post pictures of? I am ordering these, but am stuck on colors .. my bike is the matte silver with blue wheels, so the obvious choice is blue. However, I am having an Impaktech cage and subcage put on in the Yamaha Blue color, so in my mind I was just thinking blue overload (wheels, cage, subcage, trim, etc) with the blue samco hoses. Maybe it's just me. I initially opted for the red thinking that might offset the blue a little, especially since there is a little red in the Akrapovic carbon sticker. Idk ... anyone have any thoughts?

thanks -

·
Registered
12 Posts
Resurrecting this due to the lack of ANY info about radiator hose replacement for this bike, that i have found.
I was offended by the ~$280 price tag on the Samco racing hoses, and even more so after finding out clamps where an extra $60. So I gave up the idea of ever buying radiator hoses, since it seemed Samco was the only brand to make them for the 09. Then I found out about AS3 performance hoses, made by a motorsports company in the UK. They have them in red, blue and black for $85(converted from British pounds, so it will vary with conversion rate). They offer a clamp kit, which I recommend getting as well. I decided to save money and try to buy generic individual t clamps to replace the undersized stock screw clamps(after saving almost 200 on the hoses, what was i thinking smh).Long story short I didn't find the right sizes, ordered some that where to big and gave up and started looking for the AS3 clamps. They apparently don't sell them separately, and I was forced to pay $60 for the stupid Samco clamps that still had to ship from UK.
After installing, I gotta say I'm very impressed with the quality and look of the the reinforced 3 ply silicone, and I like the logo printed on the better than Samcos. Can't see them being inferior to any other hoses on the market in any way. I do wish they came with instructions telling where each hose went, bc after installing all the water pump and radiator hoses I'm left with a long straight skinny hose and a clamp? Anyone have a clue? I was thinking maybe the side overflow drain?
Here's the link(if not allowed please edit out link)
https://www.as3performance.co.uk/ya...017-high-performance-silicone-radiator-hoses/

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
How much cooler is engine running compared to stock? I'm trying to get my FZ to run cooler so looking at the best coolants, radiator caps, and larger hoses for better flow. For now I had ECU flashed so cooling fan turns on around 195 and turn off at 185.
Oh, and please post some pics. with completed mods.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The hoses look great hend, but I don't think I could justify new hoses for aesthetics. If my hoses needed replacement I would definitely consider a performance product over oem though. Anyone know average life of stock hoses? I'm kinda hoping someone says 15k miles so I can justify blue hoses.

·
Super Moderator
4,355 Posts
Anyone know average life of stock hoses? I'm kinda hoping someone says 15k miles so I can justify blue hoses.
Well, the hoses on my 13 year-old Crown Vic have never been replaced. And those hoses are trapped under a hood in a hot engine bay.
Maybe some sort of UV protection dressing might be beneficial. I would guess Pep Boys, Advanced Auto, etc. would have something like that.

http://www.meguiars.com/en/marine/products/m180132-extreme-marine-vinyl-rubber-protectant/

But if you wanted to accelerate the replacement interval of your hoses, I suppose a Buck 112 Ranger folding knife would do the trick.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts