Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was completely sick of the stock seat and my balls were no longer able to wait and see what sargent came up with so i ordered a saddlemen sport. Highly anticipated today I got it in the mail. As soon as I pulled it outta the box I was like you gotta be kidding me. Hard to show in the pic but the ribbing of the material is terrible. I've done better upholstry jobs than this. Keep in mind this is a 440 dollar seat with shipping so I expect close to perfection. The material should be smooth and it isnt. How could this pass quality control I dont know. I emailed saddlemen and am awaiting a reply. So I hate to complain and moan however if you're buying this seat then this crap is a possibility especially if you get the same employee who threw my seat together.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Wow. Sorry for the disappointment... I would be pissed too :mad:

If the upholstery is that loose and wrinkly now, it's only going to get worse as the seat breaks in.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I will get a wrinkle in mine up near the front after riding, but it goes away after being parked a while.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
saddlemen got back with me pretty quick and ack that it doesnt look right. looks like im going to have to ship it back to them. that many wrinkles is not right.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are they paying for return shipping?
yea i'd expect them to, i have to call them tomorrow. i'll post up to give everyone an idea of their customer service with stuff like this. hopefully it was just one employee with an off day and a quality control supervisor maybe uhhhhmmm going to the bathroom or something when this one was cleared to ship. I'd have been embarrassed to ship that seat if i was them and i'd be embarrassed to put the seat on my bike.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
You would think some quality control would have prevented this. Seems like Corbin (say what you want about the looks) is the only company doing right by this community atm

Sent from my phone and my autocorrect sucks

·
Registered
209 Posts
Probably the new guy did this seat. I did this kindve work before, only much worse as a new guy trying to learn new skillz... They had to rebuild everything I did. LOL! They made me go back to just building frames.

It's not nearly as easy as it looks when you watch these guys do their work.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Probably the new guy did this seat. I did this kindve work before, only much worse as a new guy trying to learn new skillz... They had to rebuild everything I did. LOL! They made me go back to just building frames.

It's not nearly as easy as it looks when you watch these guys do their work.
I can respect that, but if i'm forking out $400+ I'd expect some level of quality coming from the company - this should have been checked and redone before it got to you. They need to teach someone to learn the trade - that's great - but if it's not cutting it - they shouldn't just send anyway.

I suppose it's good they are accepting it back and redoing it but this should have been done before it even got to you.

·
Registered
349 Posts
They should have inspected it before they sent it out....

Send this picture with the seat and say...

"It's wrinkled dawg!!!!"

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can respect that, but if i'm forking out $400+ I'd expect some level of quality coming from the company - this should have been checked and redone before it got to you. They need to teach someone to learn the trade - that's great - but if it's not cutting it - they shouldn't just send anyway.

I suppose it's good they are accepting it back and redoing it but this should have been done before it even got to you.
Exactly I agree with this 100% how does it ever get shipped? They will be paying for the return shipping however the sales rep "has to talk to her supervisor" on the details. My issue is i want a new seat sent as soon as i send the defective one back. Once they have a tracking number that shows shipped they know its coming so in my mind thats the least they can do. I dont think i should wait 3 more weeks for their mistake. So far saddlemen has been very responsive so I wouldnt give up on them as of yet.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
That's a fair request for sure. I don't blame you for not wanting to be without a seat. I've been without mine for 4 damn weeks - it sucks! Haha

Sent from my phone and my autocorrect sucks

·
Registered
8 Posts
In case vendor doesn't want to do hassle free exchanges (due to their fault of course) I usually send them email (or call them) requesting the return label and tracking # for exchange at the same time, and tell them if they don't do that I will have no choice but call my credit card requesting money return due to "product is not as advertized, faulty product, etc". Works almost 100%.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In case vendor doesn't want to do hassle free exchanges (due to their fault of course) I usually send them email (or call them) requesting the return label and tracking # for exchange at the same time, and tell them if they don't do that I will have no choice but call my credit card requesting money return due to "product is not as advertized, faulty product, etc". Works almost 100%.

well, 2 days in and they havent bothered to send me the ups info to ship the wrinkled pos back to them despite them telling me that i'll have the info this morning. it's 5 and nothing....so i'll have to file a paypal dispute if nothing. terrible wrinkled up crappy seat from saddlemen and crappy service after the fact. Save your hard earned 440 and buy a seat from someone else at this point they dont care.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I had the a wrinkle problem when the Seat Concept seat came back. They said to put in the sun to warm it up. Half hour later the wrinkles were gone. The sun foam expand.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had the a wrinkle problem when the Seat Concept seat came back. They said to put in the sun to warm it up. Half hour later the wrinkles were gone. The sun foam expand.
yea unfortunately my seat is beyond that. plus at 440 it needs to look exactly like whats on their website.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Just the look of that seat alone would tell me HELL NO!!!!! If it's comfortable it still looks like a dead rotten rats butt!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just the look of that seat alone would tell me HELL NO!!!!! If it's comfortable it still looks like a dead rotten rats butt!!!

yea a wrinkled up one...I had to resort to a paypal dispute. Thanks for nothing saddlemen but a 440 dollar headache and a crappy upholstry job.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts