Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I commute to school and work, I was curious if anyone knew anything about side saddlebags? I would like a cheaper price, I'm looking for something longer than wider, possibly enough for a laptop. I would prefer to have soft saddlebags that can easily go on and off quickly, thanks guys, all of you are extremely helpful

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Im thinking about this too, and it looks like we need to fabricate or locate saddle bag brackets to keep the bags out of the rear wheel. In the meantime, I just ordered a Cortech Super 2.0 18 Liter Tank bag.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hey guys, I commute to school and work, I was curious if anyone knew anything about side saddlebags? I would like a cheaper price, I'm looking for something longer than wider, possibly enough for a laptop. I would prefer to have soft saddlebags that can easily go on and off quickly, thanks guys, all of you are extremely helpful
Have you done a search. I have put them on as have others. And yes, you typically need something to keep them out of the wheel.

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
keeping the bags out of the wheels. My idea and follow through.
Take a look at your rear foot pegs. there are two indentations looking from the bottom, that look like they were there for drilled holes (but not drilled) and shiny pads on the top. I believe these are pegs used on other bikes that had holes drilled to mount rubber tops for rider isolation. Since I never ride double, I drilled those two holes in each rear foot peg. I took a piece of about 20 inch long aluminum 3/4 by 3/4 angle and drilled matching holes to mount it to the pegs. Before attaching I bent the angle some to make better contact with back side of each bag. I put a tie-wrap around the foot peg in the upright position so if the bags are off, they will stay up should I leave the angle on temporarily. Cost about $8.00. But the factory standoffs are nicer but do leave an ugly bracket behind the rear pegs.

Now to remove the bags, I lift the seat, remove the 4 bag tie down straps, lift them off, cut the tie-wrap and remove 2 screws on each side peg. About 5 minutes or so.

so if you search and see my early saddle bag thread, I now have the brackets mounted like I just said above. Both methods work well enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts