Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi
I wanted to ask if there is someone here that has chronic pelvic pain syndrome and has found some relief by using a saddle like the one in the picture:

This is made in Italy but I suppose there are products like that everywhere. Has anyone ever had experience with that?
The price is expensive, I can buy it but at least I'd like to know if it works. Tried a cheaper solution before, sort of cuscion, but it is not safe IMHO, or at least not for me.

Cheers
Gianpaolo

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Here, I'll save everyone a click:
If we can't see something, we will have no idea.

As far as hip pain goes, I have a hip injury that gets a flare up from walking the bike in slow paces. (Say in stop and go traffic.)

I found the extra height of the Yamaha Comfort seat to reallllllly help in this area.
If you're tall enough, might check it out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here, I'll save everyone a click:
If we can't see something, we will have no idea.

View attachment 165250

As far as hip pain goes, I have a hip injury that gets a flare up from walking the bike in slow paces. (Say in stop and go traffic.)

I found the extra height of the Yamaha Comfort seat to reallllllly help in this area.
If you're tall enough, might check it out.
Hello thanks for your reply.
I edited the post and inserted the pic which is the main thing that I wanted to show.
I bought the comfort one for the MT-09 but it is not working in my case. The pelvic area gets compressed and it causes me pain. So the only way is a saddle with a channel in the center, like for cycling riders. Something like the one in the pic is around 600 euros. I'm trying to see if someone has ever solved this issue with somethign like that before spending all that money

GP

·
Registered
636 Posts
If you have the Yamaha Comfort seat, why not take your OEM seat and have a local shop re-upholster it for you? I believe this might be cheaper and more custom to suit your specific needs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have the Yamaha Comfort seat, why not take your OEM seat and have a local shop re-upholster it for you? I believe this might be cheaper and more custom to suit your specific needs.
I'm also trying to see that. Posted the question on some local forums to get help, there r some shops here but the impression I have recvd was not very good, I am willing to travel to Milan to get it done, just looking for some feddbacks, I guess this is (unfortunately) a problem that men might have sometimes...

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Have you spoken to a health professional about this? Perhaps a physiotherapist can identify exactly what is causing the pain. For instance, angle of your spine, or hip joint angle, or pressure points. Then you can modify your seat/seating position to suit.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
962 Posts
Another idea might be to take a wire wheel to your stock seat foam and hollow out a groove. Ride the ugly homemade seat for a couple days and see if it solves the issue, then you can figure out if you want to pay for the premium seat, or if you want to get someone to pretty up your homemade abomination.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you spoken to a health professional about this? Perhaps a physiotherapist can identify exactly what is causing the pain. For instance, angle of your spine, or hip joint angle, or pressure points. Then you can modify your seat/seating position to suit.
it is prostatitis. it is now chronic and I have to deal with it :(
office work does n't help but the real issue is with the bike, really sad.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another idea might be to take a wire wheel to your stock seat foam and hollow out a groove.
I had problem translating that sentence, sorry. I think I need a pictorial help :)))

what I tried so far was putting some material between my bottom and the seat and it helped me a bit

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
962 Posts
I had problem translating that sentence, sorry. I think I need a pictorial help :)))

what I tried so far was putting some material between my bottom and the seat and it helped me a bit
Take your stock seat which you aren't currently using then:
1. Remove the seat cover
2. Use a tool to remove foam so that you have a channel like the fancy seat has:

A wire wheel on a grinder or drill is a popular method of shaping foam.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Take your stock seat which you aren't currently using then:
1. Remove the seat cover
2. Use a tool to remove foam so that you have a channel like the fancy seat has:

A wire wheel on a grinder or drill is a popular method of shaping foam.
got it, to replicate the fancy seat.
I had thought about it, but the stock seat is not thick enough to create a decent channel.
I will see, thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
First post here, so hello everyone. I don't know about the Yamaha but the Sargent seat I have for my H2SX/SE has the channel you are talking about. You might want to give them a call and see if they make the seat for your bike with the channel.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
First post here, so hello everyone. I don't know about the Yamaha but the Sargent seat I have for my H2SX/SE has the channel you are talking about. You might want to give them a call and see if they make the seat for your bike with the channel.
oh nice.
sorry for asking, did you have problems that require that kind of seat?

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
it is prostatitis. it is now chronic and I have to deal with it :(
office work does n't help but the real issue is with the bike, really sad.
OK, now I see the need for the hollow. I'd do what others have suggested, but buy a second hand seat and modify it your self, or get an upholsterer to do it. If it works you can blow all those Euros on the fancy seat.
La mia compassione, in bocca al lupo.
( I hope I got that right😁)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Saddlemen makes a seat that looks similar, not sure if is what you need but maybe its an option.

yes that's good too, they still dont have 2021 model but maybe they will have it
thanks a lot!
(I hope someone that has that kind saddle will read this thread sooner or later and tell me if it worked :) )

·
Registered
131 Posts
i have an issue with my tail bone and have tried corbin seat (what i got for my previous bikes), yamaha comfort seat but i prefered the sargent seat on a fz/mt-09. it has a channel in the middle although not as deep as the pictures above, no tailbone issues for me
maybe you can get a sargent seat and make the center channel deeper
good luck

1 - 20 of 21 Posts