Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Sorry if this has been posted about before. I couldn't seem to quite find a specific answer to this in the cargo thread. I'm looking at adding on a saddle bag and top rack/case combo. I had my eye on the givi easylock bags and TE2115 set up. I also like the sw-motech ALU rack. Are these compatible? If not what do you all recommend? The only major restriction I have is in Texas we're required to have passenger bars now, which is why I like the sw rack for the rides with the wife. That said, I saw the one from Yamaha also said they're incorporated. I was thinking about that combined with the blaze saddle set up, but again not sure if the parts clash. I appreciate everyone's thoughts/suggestions/combos.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
OK, your options are:

1. Full GIVI top case/saddlebag combo
2. Full SHAD top case/saddlebag combo
3. SW-Motech tail rack + blaze saddlebag system
4. OEM tail rack + blaze/yamaha saddlebag system

Or mix and match.

Thantos managed to have the GIVI saddlebag supports fit under the Yamaha OEM tail rack. He added Plano pistol cases instead of the Givi easylock bags- and they seem to be working really well.

I personally prefer the OEM rack- it's well built, fits the tail profile better and it does have "passenger bars"- in the sense that a passenger can hold on to them- no hard edges.

Good luck!

·
Registered
190 Posts
OK, your options are:

Or mix and match.

Thantos managed to have the GIVI saddlebag supports fit under the Yamaha OEM tail rack. He added Plano pistol cases instead of the Givi easylock bags- and they seem to be working really well.

I personally prefer the OEM rack- it's well built, fits the tail profile better and it does have "passenger bars"- in the sense that a passenger can hold on to them- no hard edges.

Good luck!
Boom. Asked and answered. End thread. :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
OK, your options are:

Or mix and match.

Good luck!
So i'm planning on another road trip and been thinking to upgrade my cargo options. Although my Motocentric setup was pretty decent, i felt insecure leaving my things unattended for hours at times with only zippers as protection. Also, waterproofing is another thing i need to cover since the waterproof covers that came with my bags either ripped or came off. So my next idea is to get hard case saddlebags and a top box with both having some sort of a key locking mechanism (no zippers). I don't know much about these things and different brands availability so i'm looking for help. I know the whole setup is gonna cost much more than my initial setup. My bike currently has Sonic .90 springs and a rear ZX10 shock. I need bags that can be easily removed. I was looking at the Yamaha rear rack, looks pretty good but why so expensive for a small piece of metal. Also, can you use the yamaha rear rack with the Shad 3P 36L bag system?
Any other options you guys can think off, links, prices is greatly appreciated, THX.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
So i'm planning on another road trip and been thinking to upgrade my cargo options. Although my Motocentric setup was pretty decent, i felt insecure leaving my things unattended for hours at times with only zippers as protection. Also, waterproofing is another thing i need to cover since the waterproof covers that came with my bags either ripped or came off. So my next idea is to get hard case saddlebags and a top box with both having some sort of a key locking mechanism (no zippers). I don't know much about these things and different brands availability so i'm looking for help. I know the whole setup is gonna cost much more than my initial setup. My bike currently has Sonic .90 springs and a rear ZX10 shock. I need bags that can be easily removed. I was looking at the Yamaha rear rack, looks pretty good but why so expensive for a small piece of metal. Also, can you use the yamaha rear rack with the Shad 3P 36L bag system?
Any other options you guys can think off, links, prices is greatly appreciated, THX.
I know how you feel- leavig saddlebags unattended needs tremendous faith in humanity to not steal them!

The above combinations are what I know so far.

This is what Thantos did and my new personal favorite: http://www.fz09.org/forum/6-fz-09-general-discussion/7679-anyone-put-any-saddlebags-2.html- instead of the pistol cases you could actually put the Givi cases but I think the hard pistol cases seem a better, thin profile idea.

The Yamaha rack is a well made piece but yeah, a bit pricey. The SW motech system is cheaper I think. Why not just get the SHAD or GIVI full system if you want a full hard system? They all are kind of expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts