Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Very nice bike, I had a 2010 for a couple years but after countless issues with it and some wrist injuries I wanted something more comfortable. Keep your eye on the gas tank if you are using fuel with ethanol in it, they swell and it will eventually cause problems with leaking at the pump. Mine went bad and I had the new one coated before installation to prevent it from happening again, just my opinion but nothing sounds better than the RSV4 with an exhaust!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Unless your talking in terms of reliability. In that case, the Japanese bikes have it beat hands down.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the compliments lads. :D I never use ethanol fuel, it's bad for everything plastic, not just the tank! It's not as comfortable as my R1 but the handling and noise are sublime. The R1 is pretty cool too...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Very nice bike, I had a 2010 for a couple years but after countless issues with it and some wrist injuries I wanted something more comfortable. Keep your eye on the gas tank if you are using fuel with ethanol in it, they swell and it will eventually cause problems with leaking at the pump. Mine went bad and I had the new one coated before installation to prevent it from happening again, just my opinion but nothing sounds better than the RSV4 with an exhaust!
Yes, I talked to one owner that had that problem not long after he bought the bike.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Easy to take care of if you Caswell coat the tank, shame the bike has been around this long and they have not changed over to a metal tank like Ducati did after their issues. Mine loved to seep oil out of the valve cover gaskets too, had them replaced under a TSB and it only lasted so long before they began weeping again.

Still one of the bike looking/sounding bikes, thankfully I can still ride my friends and enjoy it without the hassles of ownership.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts