Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please tell me what rpm the engine is running at a steady 60mph (or 100kph) on the level. I am interested in the new FJR-09 but might need to think about gearing it down a bit for my longer-distance touring if the current FZ gearing is retained.

Thank you.

L of S - Brisbane, Australia

·
Registered
150 Posts
4400RPM in 6th = 66mph or 106kph

Could someone please tell me what rpm the engine is running at a steady 60mph (or 100kph) on the level. I am interested in the new FJR-09 but might need to think about gearing it down a bit for my longer-distance touring if the current FZ gearing is retained.

Thank you.

L of S - Brisbane, Australia

Reactions: MTsRUs

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I ride 75-80 on the highway and guage it on vibration. I will let you know in a couple of months when I get to ride again.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
F-1 = 6K RPM @ 80 MPH.

Plenty of gear software available. I'm using an Excel spreadsheet, something I did a while ago and been modding to suite my needs. I can email it to you if tou want... nothing magic but it work for me.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Reactions: mralandy

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
F-1 = 6K RPM @ 80 MPH.

Plenty of gear software available. I'm using an Excel spreadsheet, something I did a while ago and been modding to suite my needs. I can email it to you if tou want... nothing magic but it work for me.
Thanks for the offer, Marthy - I won't burden you with that yet, but maybe later if the FJ proceeds here...

L of S

Reactions: marthy
1 - 9 of 9 Posts