Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious if anyone has noticed what rpm the motor is turning at 70mph?

Also is the speedo accurate? Most bikes seem to come from the factory showing about 5mph higher than actual speed at highway speeds.

Until I went up one tooth of the front sprocket my Ninja 1000 was off by 5mph at highway speed.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
5K RPM. Speed might be a little off, didn't get into checking it. No big deal... not like I usually care too much on what it says anyway. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
666 Posts
at 50 mph, mine reads 1.5 to 2 mph high. That's what the "your speed" roadside radar things are telling me. I'll give er a blast up to 70 and compare. It seems more accurate compared to my old Vstrom, which indicated ~ 9% higher than actual.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I rode 150 miles yesterday and this was my first long ride. I was running 70 or 80 most of the time and kept the revs between 5k and 7k. I never even shifted into 6th. It was windy in Houston yesterday... next time I'll see what happens in 6th. lol

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I can hardly wait. One of the things I did not like about my Ninja 1000 is the exhaust sound.

This bike sounds awesome!
Not to thread jack but how did you like the ninja 1000. I was set on buying that bike until I went to a dealership here and the guy wanted nothing to do with selling me the bike and was the only close kawi dealer around.

Still think I made a better choice going with the FZ but never met anyone with a 1000 to ask how it is.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not to thread jack but how did you like the ninja 1000. I was set on buying that bike until I went to a dealership here and the guy wanted nothing to do with selling me the bike and was the only close kawi dealer around.

Still think I made a better choice going with the FZ but never met anyone with a 1000 to ask how it is.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
It is a really awesome bike. I had an 02 Yamaha FZ1 prior to getting the Ninja. The technology, power and handling difference in 10 years was amazing.

I like the upright ergos. It is mindless to ride. You just think and it goes there. But like most sport bikes the front end is heavy. I like a lighter front end feel and be able to do wheelies. The Ninja also has some vibration issues. I probably would not think of getting something different but I was trying to find a friend a good replacement for his Victory cruiser. He rode my Ninja and said it was waaaaaay too fast. So I told him about the new FZ09.

Then the more I read about the FZ09 the more I liked it. So last Tuesday I put down a deposit for a red one.

I believe you definitely made the right choice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts