Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my brand new Yamaha FZ-09 on Friday at 2pm. This is my first sport bike, and is a huge transition from my 2002 Vulcan 500. I figured I would share my impressions, likes and dislikes.

Impressions:

First of walking up to the bike it is tall. The riding position is high and allows for excellent visibility.

It is quite. The stock exhaust isn't loud and in your face. It purrs and hums. It sounds great in my opinion.

It's a looker. The naked look is beautiful. Mine is liquid graphite with blurple wheels. The wheels draw the eye, but the triple headers and clean black and grey are sleek and eye catching. The gold forks are a bit much but they look good too.

The motor is a beast. Huge torque and power factors. On such a light bike it goes like a bat out of hell.
The lightness of the package is phenomenal. 414 pounds at the curb.
The fuel economy. Even with me pushing the bike hard I am still making almost 40 mpg. Which is a good thing considering the size of the tank.

Dislikes:
Size of the tank. Only 3.7 gallons. Not good for the long distance rider in me, but that won’t matter because…
My god the seat is hard and unpadded. The bike has a nice wide seat for my fat ass, but it is like a rock. I find myself having to stop every 80 or so mile just to get off the seat.

Overall the bike is the best. I love the look and feel. Bottom line every time I start the engine I grin and I keep grinning long after I have turned it off.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Glad ya like your bike..welcome to the club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am waiting to see what seats come out. I am also looking at strapping MSR fuel bottles under the tail. Just as a kind of extra precaution. two half gallon bottles in black just above the hugger.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No they generally aren't far apart. It will be an option for when I do some touring though. Maybe some pannier tanks to go on the custom racks I am working on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts