Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to know if I should by an fz09 or wait a bit and get the street triplr?
howbad ,really is suspension and throttle? And has anyone fixed these problems , easily how much?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Suspension sucks....throttle/fueling sucks...but it's all fixable.

Buy the ST3-R if you want to spend a lot more money w/out modifying. Buy the FZ knowing you will upgrade to suit your liking...and your wallet.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
The SEARCH function is your friend. Also.......please read this thread.....

http://www.fz09.org/forum/6-fz-09-g...0-please-read-before-starting-new-thread.html

I realize that is your first post/thread on here, but please take some time and look the forum over and read through some of the threads. There is a tremendous amount of great info located within the walls of our little online home. Making new threads about something is perfectly OK, if it's needed or hasn't been covered before, but replication of of the two topics you are asking about has more information than probably any subject on here.

Thanks and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I could have bought either. Bike #23 is an FZ-09 with a Matris rear shock on order.
JCIII

·
Registered
165 Posts
The Yamaha remap fixes any throttle issues, which are not that bad anyway. It is just a little abrupt from a closed throttle.

The rear shock can be replaced easily, and makes the bike a whole lot more rideable. Forks take a bit mpre effort but are cheaper to fix.

The Street Triple isn't perfect out of the crate. The Yamaha will be more reliable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts