Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was originally promised delivery 'sometime in November' by one local dealer. I left my name with a couple. A small shop called me yesterday and my Rapid Red spent its first night in my garage. Paid $9900 in the LA suburbs out the door. Geico quoted me a crazy premium to add to my policy. With my adult daughter as a second rider they want over $3000 per year more for the FZ! (My R1200 GSA is $700 and it cost twice as much!!)

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Congrats on the new Rapid Red (my color choice by the way) and hopefully you can find some decent prices for insurance. I'm hoping to be in the $300 to $350 a year for mine, as my DorsoDuro was.......fully coverage and $500 deductible.

Oh, and welcome to the forum Mr. Monster!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Congrats!

Congrats for getting a 09 and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like the insurance companies haven't figured how to categorize the 09 yet. Or they watched the Yamaha street fighter video :(
Progressive did my policy as an FZ08. The bike is available on their website, but not when I did it over the phone.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Congrats brother! That is awesome! I cannot wait until you take a moment to snap a picture for all those still waiting on theirs! You can take a picture with your helmet still on if you want, I know it is hard to get off a new bike long enough to even snap a picture.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congrats. But that socal price seems high to the point where Yu could get the triumph street triple R for $1500 more.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
136 Posts
Careful, Deadduck, your conservatism is showing! (LOL). Actually, though, it's a myth that Soros owns Progressive. It's owner is Peter Lewis, who is just as far left as Soros and nearly as rich.
Now that we've introduced politics to a motorcycle forum, I wonder what posts will follow?
This might really get interesting......

·
Registered
699 Posts
Careful, Deadduck, your conservatism is showing! (LOL). Actually, though, it's a myth that Soros owns Progressive. It's owner is Peter Lewis, who is just as far left as Soros and nearly as rich.
Now that we've introduced politics to a motorcycle forum, I wonder what posts will follow?
This might really get interesting......
I certainly hope they don't follow at all... There is a time and a place for that, and this may be the time, but certainly not the place. HEad over here for some good old fashioned debate... US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

·
Registered
354 Posts
I was originally promised delivery 'sometime in November' by one local dealer. I left my name with a couple. A small shop called me yesterday and my Rapid Red spent its first night in my garage. Paid $9900 in the LA suburbs out the door. Geico quoted me a crazy premium to add to my policy. With my adult daughter as a second rider they want over $3000 per year more for the FZ! (My R1200 GSA is $700 and it cost twice as much!!)
I think it should be listed as a standard definitely not a sportbike here in new york if you have clip on bars then its a sportbike according to my company that handles my car insurance

·
Registered
552 Posts
Just got off phone with Geico 10 minutes ago.

They have my 2014 CTX700N insured.
CTX 229.00 by itself (250 deductible 6k miles per year)
FZ-09 by itself 976 (1k deductible 6k per year) 1210.00 (250.deductible 6k per year)

more miles per year = more money.

CTX plus FZ-09 then 229 + 518 add on (3k miles per year each 1k deductible on FZ)

Rated sort of like the FZ-8 Sport bike.

45 years riding, no tickets, no accidents, full coverage including uninsured.
Looks like 19 per month for the ctx and 43 per month for the FZ.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good strike GM! I've been waiting for two months... was supposed to be the first delivered here in southern AZ, but the "other color" came in first. :)

Then, was supposed to take delivery today, but the truck didn't show. How do you lose a truck full of bikes? Go figure.

At least a Red machine is in someone's garage tonight.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi guys, I have four bikes and got a quote from progressive of $123.00 a year for $300.000 liabilty and the same for unisured and underinsured. I never get full coverage on the bike and four 48 years this has worked just fine. I never ride bikes with farings and lots of crap to tear up in a crash. Get mine next week in red.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts