Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a fantastic time, I'm not a Leather and Harley type of person (Thank god), but it's a really fun time, with cool rides and a shit ton of bikes.

I'll help be the point guy for any non locals with questions that want to join.

-Nick

·
Registered
806 Posts
I go just to look all the bikes there will be 100k custom baggers to super sports with 240 rear tires and nos bottles on them to crazy stuff like bikes with snowmobile engines in them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx for the link. Pricey beer and food, but I think of it like going to the fair, to be expected and part of the fun, lol. I install 12v car audio/video/fiberglass, ect), and I can see about a group purchase of the controllers I carry( xk chrome) and lights if enough are interested?

-Nick

·
Registered
806 Posts
If you guys are going for the weekend I suggest you reserve a hotel room now. Erie built more hotels in the last few years but if you show up thinking it will be easy to find a room for the night you will be mistaken.

Even the small motels along lake that are usually have fishing boats in them are full of bikes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys . Roar is about 9 days away! Whos coming, and who wants lights at a discount rate?? I am a XK glow dealer, so 10% off for you folks. Let me know. Can't wait to see you here!!!

We need to have a Fz/Fj Parking area if a bunch show up

-Nick

·
Registered
806 Posts
Every year, Ricky Erie makes a ton of money off of this rally. Evan though alot of people don't like it the bars, restaurants and hotels are full.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Anyone interested in possibly meeting up for this years Roar? I'd be coming from the Buffalo area.
I can
I usually go look at all bikes anyway. I only live a about 15 miles away. I suggest you reserve a room buffalo is about 90 miles away unless you don't mind riding a slab that far too get home.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone interested in possibly meeting up for this years Roar? I'd be coming from the Buffalo area.
I can
I usually go look at all bikes anyway. I only live a about 15 miles away. I suggest you reserve a room buffalo is about 90 miles away unless you don't mind riding a slab that far too get home.
Yea it's not too bad in my opinion, I'm out there a lot for work. I'll have to look into hotels though. How's the event? I've only been in NY for about a year now.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'm not sure if I can even give you an honest opinion because I have never been to another rally.
But it can be quite a spectacle thousands of bikes mostly cruisers but anything from 100k baggers to fat tire rockets with nos bottles on them. I've seen everything from Tee Rex's to tricked out trikes. A free concerts every night, demo rides during the day. They have group rides that includes meals. I usually go to the first day and check out the bikes and hang out. Erie has a open container policy where you can carry a open beverage anywhere downtown.
But there's plenty of cop's around so it is really easy to get into trouble. So unless there is a group playing that I really like I'll stay but I usually leave before sundown just because I don't like dealing with that many people drinking.
Something bad happens at nearly every event for the last few years now. The only reason I mentioned a room is none will be available that weekend they will be reserved in advance. Its that big.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's pretty cool, I honestly wasn't expecting anything too big maybe like a 100 bikes haha. I'll most likely just ride there and back, probably also be cheaper than renting an overpriced room.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Just Google roar on the shore. Maybe we can get Ricky too ride down with you he is from the Buffalo area. It's from
July 12-16 Sunday is a waste everyone is leaving and Thursday and Friday probably are best as far as the amount of bikes and people.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts