Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After reading many threads here, it seems like there's a lot of complaints about the brightness of the Rizoma tail light. Well, everyone's been testing it outdoors. I finished mine up at night and wired it up in my parking garage of my apartment complex and realized something. The light is PLENTY bright and brighter than stock...it's just angled up at the friggin ceiling!

I'll post some pics later but leaving the bike on the kickstand and hitting the brake resulted in a spot on the ceiling being lit up about 20 feet back and 10 feet up. Sitting on the bike helped, but still seems to be angled high. Bending the bracket a bit helped more, but made the plastics fit a bit weird. Anyone else noticed this and come up with a solution to properly angle the light at drivers on the road behind you, rather than a semi who's riding your ass?

edit - you can clearly see this difference just by comparing the OEM bracket to the Rizoma bracket. The part where the light is actually screwed into through the rubber grommets is at about 90 degrees to the rest of the bracket, compared to the OEM bracket which has that section at about 135 degrees.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts