Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a set of these this week. I really like the clean look they give and the machining is top notch as one would expect from Rizoma. Does anyone here have these? And if so how are they to ride with on a daily basis??

Here's a photo I plucked of the interwebs, perhaps this photo is even a forum members bike..?

image.jpg

·
Registered
337 Posts
For that price I assume they do not include the bar end adapters, quality looks good but you may just want to save some money and look into the CRG options.

A bunch of us have the CRG mirrors here and they work well, you can search and find the posts about them. The Blindsight version looks like the Rizomas that you have pictured.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For that price I assume they do not include the bar end adapters, quality looks good but you may just want to save some money and look into the CRG options.

A bunch of us have the CRG mirrors here and they work well, you can search and find the posts about them. The Blindsight version looks like the Rizomas that you have pictured.
I was in Motorstarz shop on Saturday and they have CRG Arrow and the round ones too, but I would have to order an adapter from Rhinomoto to use them. They have the Rizoma Spy R mirrors in stock too and they sell the adapter kit for $30 which is for both sides. I like the CRG's but after seeing the Rizomas in person they're like a work of art, completely machined from billet aluminum and then anodized black. They're also smaller than any of the other mirrors I've seen.

BTW Yerwol: that screen pictured is the European version of the Yamaha flyscreen, you can only get the glossy black version in NA for some dumb reason.

Reactions: maryleejayne

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a set of these this week. I really like the clean look they give and the machining is top notch as one would expect from Rizoma. Does anyone here have these? And if so how are they to ride with on a daily basis??

Here's a photo I plucked of the interwebs, perhaps this photo is even a forum members bike..?

View attachment 5297
Man these mirrors totally change the whole look of the bike. It looks super aggressive. I dig these for sure.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^^ yeah I read some reviews from a Ducati forum and a Kawi forum and apparently they give great visibility behind your bike despite the small size. I spoke to Motorstarz today and they have a set waiting for me to pick up this coming Saturday. Finally I can jettison the deer antlers..

·
Registered
151 Posts
^^^ yeah I read some reviews from a Ducati forum and a Kawi forum and apparently they give great visibility behind your bike despite the small size. I spoke to Motorstarz today and they have a set waiting for me to pick up this coming Saturday. Finally I can jettison the deer antlers..
But where will you hang your helmet without the antlers?? Jk. I want bar end mirrors pretty badly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have those Rizomas on mine. I have the CRG Arrow mirrors on my Ducati 1199. I like both brands but the Rizomas do look "nicer" in terms of overall craftsmanship. And despite the size of the Spy R's, the rear visibility is great. Little to no vibration at highway speeds. I also like the slightly bluish optic tint that the Rizoma mirrors have on their glass. You do need to buy a pair of the Rizoma mirror adaptors as well. One small drawback is that you cannot fold/retract these mirrors. But this has been a minor issue for me since the mirrors are pretty small and hasn't posed a serious issue in lane splitting here in CA. I got mine from PJ's parts a while back.

Mike

Attachments

Reactions: MrJD410

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^^ Those look great, really butches up the looks. I'll get mine this Saturday.

Reactions: MikeDuc2

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got my Spy-R's today and I'm soo glad I chose them, despite the small size I can actually see behind me much more easily than I could with the stock mirrors. I already posted some photos on the 'what have you done to your bike today' thread, but here's one photo for this thread anyhow.

image.jpg

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Do they swivel up/down? Considering ditching my CRG Arrow mirrors for something else that will fold out of the way whilst lane splitting.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Do they swivel up/down? Considering ditching my CRG Arrow mirrors for something else that will fold out of the way whilst lane splitting.
cant you just fold the arrows up and out of the way? i had them on my zx10r a couple years ago and i remember them being able to fold out of the way

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nice!!!!! Gotta save my pennies. What part #s do we need for our bikes??

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
cant you just fold the arrows up and out of the way? i had them on my zx10r a couple years ago and i remember them being able to fold out of the way
Holy crap! You're onto something there! Why didn't I think of that!

Seriously though, if I rotate them up, they block the grips, and they cannot rotate down past the bar-end... so no, I cannot just rotate them out of the way.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Holy crap! You're onto something there! Why didn't I think of that!

Seriously though, if I rotate them up, they block the grips, and they cannot rotate down past the bar-end... so no, I cannot just rotate them out of the way.
hey, you never know!

what bar ends are you using? i have the crg blindsight mirrors on the rhinomoto bar ends and i have clearance issues as well

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I'm using the rhinomoto bar ends as well. I love the Arrow mirrors, but not being able to lanesplit as much as i would like, or as much as i could on other bikes, is a HUGE bummer.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ordered the Rizoma's from Motostarz.....sadly enough they sent me wrong adapters....I ordered LP300B....they sent me LP200B....waiting on them to get back with me.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Ordered the Rizoma's from Motostarz.....sadly enough they sent me wrong adapters....I ordered LP300B....they sent me LP200B....waiting on them to get back with me.
I just looked at my Motorstarz invoice email and you need two sets of LP300B adapters at $24 each.

It's a stat holiday today in Canada so that's why Motorstarz hasn't responded..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts