Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:D Here are some pics of the Rizoma MA008 handlebar. I put about 100 miles on it, so far, so good. I like the sweep, feels more natural. It feels only slightly lower when actually riding, much less than the pics/measurements would suggest, but still feels more natural. An added and surprising benefit is that the slightly forward/lower lean makes the stock seat a tad more comfortable, as it places less weight on your tail bone, relieving some pressure. Slightly more relief — I still ordered the Shad seat.
I filed down the nubs on the inside of the controls instead of drilling holes in the new bar, no problems. The brake fluid reservoir position concerned me, but no vibration issues, so I'll just keep an eye on it.
Also put on Driven grips w/ Rizoma bar ends and some Chinese long levers.(Shorties just don't feel right to me.) The Chinese levers seem "OK," maybe a bit loose with some excess vertical slop, but nothing outrageous. We'll see ... .
I bought the Rizoma bar from MotovasionUSA.

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
Really like the look. Did you have to cut the length any. And what was the cost if I may ask.

Reactions: paso1000

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Really like the look. Did you have to cut the length any. And what was the cost if I may ask.
Thanks! No cutting needed, about the same length. $93. Here's the link from Motivation showing the measurements of the different Rizoma bars:
Rizoma Universal Conical Handle Bars 29-22mm
I think I should have tried the MA005 bars. Maybe next year, lol. Anybody have the MA005 bars?

·
Registered
558 Posts
What grips and bar ends are those? me gusta

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What grips and bar ends are those? me gusta
Driven grips and Rizoma bar ends. The Rizoma bar ends fit in the Rizoma handlebar. They include expansion rubbers with the bar ends. Fit great.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the MA005 on mine and love them! It gives the bike a much sportier feel over stock. They seem to be quit a bit more narrow, however. Other than that, I have been happy with them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts