Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
I ordered one a few weeks ago and it is on back order until mid February (Motovation), it is LED so I assume it will be bright enough. Installed my R&G tidy tail last night and the Rizoma piece will be a great compliment to the back end of the bike, whoever designed the stock tail piece should be fired - flat out terrible.

If you prefer Evotech makes a combination light/tidy tail that looks pretty good.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Also ordered one (on December 2nd!) and I expect the intensity to be top notch given my past experience with Rizoma LEDS. Now just the waiting game!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
i think the stock taillight is great - it's distinctive. the rizoma one looks downright plain.

different strokes for different folks...
Agreed, personal preference. I owned an RSV4 and thought it was a best looking tail section on any bike ever but several friends hated the design and sharp lines, LOL. Something about the stock FZ tail light sitting out in space never looked right to me, the design is cool but it should have been integrated more into the tail.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I ordered the Rizoma tail light as well and waiting with everyone else. I also ordered their tail tidy, but I think I'm going to cancel and change to the R&G as Rizoma's tail tidy looks too big.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Also went with Arizona tail light, but I went with a Graves
Motorsports fender elimanator.
A very nice, small piece of aluminum.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Taillight finally arrived today!

Sadly the bike is in too many pieces to install it at the moment but, that is a project for this weekend. In the mean time I have attached a few photos for those interested; Rizoma never disappoints! Their marketing department should have taken some better photos, the component has much more detail than their website lets on.

I will follow-up with some installed photos and a review over the weekend.

Photos:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Taillight finally arrived today!

Sadly the bike is in too many pieces to install it at the moment but, that is a project for this weekend. In the mean time I have attached a few photos for those interested; Rizoma never disappoints! Their marketing department should have taken some better photos, the component has much more detail than their website lets on.

I will follow-up with some installed photos and a review over the weekend.
Thanks for the update, that means mine should be showing up very soon! You are correct about the photos on the Rizoma website, you could not even really tell it was curved - looked almost straight across. Looks really good and if you get a chance to bolt yours up before me post some photos, my bike is apart now too for the tidy tail so I will probably wait for this to show up before putting it all back together.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Very clean unit. I will use with Graves fender eliminator.

Will remove ten pounds of ugly from the back.

·
Registered
657 Posts
That looks fantastic. Integrates seamlessly into the tail.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Here are some daytime powered photos for ya'll!

I specifically waited for the sun to be in the background of the photos (Similar to a car approaching from the rear with sunlight in their eye). I will take some night-time photos at some point but those tend to exaggerate the brightness and doesn't really offer much other than "wow, those are bright with no other lights around". It did not photograph well (perhaps the light filters in my camera with the direct sunlight), but don't let the photos fool you, this thing is extremely bright.

Running Light (3 feet away)

Brake Light Activated (5 feet away)

Running Light (50 feet away)

Brake Light Activated (50 feet away)

Running Light (~85 feet away)

Brake Light Activated (~100 feet away)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts