Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after dropping $356 on the Rizoma Headlight Fairing, I will be returning it :( ...because it doesn't look like the pictures on their website.

Here's the picture of the black version:

And here's what I received:

This may make me appear overly nit-picky... but for $356, it better look EXACTLY like the picture you're using to advertise it.

I guess I'll find out how flexible Motovation's return policy is.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Bummer, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Horsman

·
Registered
150 Posts
$356 for that, incredible. I don't care if the brackets are made of platinum, to me, that's barely a $100 product including shipping.
Agreed, seems like a rip off.

Hope you're able to to return it without hassle. Thanks for letting us know your experience.

·
Registered
179 Posts
$356 is a lot of money for a flyscreen, but you must remember, this is machined out of a solid block of aluminum, not stamped or molded or made in a high production sweat shop. You got a quality aluminum windscreen. The ribbed features you are talking about are tooling marks that add or take away from the finish depending on who you are.

I opted for the polycarbonate and love its finish.

Im sure you can return it.

But I have to agree with you that they should have shown exactly what you were getting.

Got pictures with it on the bike?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not complaining about price... I parted with the money after all.

And the tooling marks alone probably wouldn't have been enough for me to send it back, but on top of everything else... umm... no.

Does the poly-carbonate version have the writing on it?

·
Registered
97 Posts
$356 is a lot of money for a flyscreen, but you must remember, this is machined out of a solid block of aluminum
Did not know it was aluminum. Still, it's not like a precision set of rearset controls with intricate relieved sections, bushings, bearings, etc.

To me, it's difficult to justify something which could have been precision die stamped and laser trimmed at less than 1/2 the cost, simply because the manufacturer took a ridiculously expensive path to create it. What if automotive manufacturers decided to machine fenders from huge blocks of steel?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like I'm going to have to pay a 15% restocking fee ($53) :mad:

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
damn that whole thing sucks - it doesnt look even close to the website picture. For half the price you can get the yammi screen which looks similar and is completely unbranded. (i know that's not the style you wanted but just saying for others).

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
that blows.

i bet dollars to donuts that the pic of the flyscreen on rizoma's (and motovation's) web site is a computer generated rendering.

i would speak to customer service at motovation and tell them that they shouldn't be charging customers restocking fees on items whose physical appearance has been misrepresented. (show them both pics)

did you purchase with a credit card? if motovation gives you grief, you can call your credit card company and explain the situation - that you received a product that was different than what you thought you were getting and that you simply want to return it for a full refund but motovation wants to ding you $50 for something that wasn't your fault.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I sent them another email regarding the 15% fee with the pics I posted here... also explained that I couldn't see these problems without having opened the package.

We'll see what they have to say.

Also paid via CC, so I have a plan B if they don't do the right thing.

·
Registered
227 Posts
They shouldnt charge fees, they should be the ones compensating you for the false advertising. I would have been disappointed even if it was 150$. At 356$ I'd expect something that looked freakin amazing.

Just installed the Yamaha windscreen. Cost me about 170$ all in all, waiting for the sun to try it out and see how I like it.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heard back from Motovation, they stated they will give me a full refund, so now I'm just out the cost of return shipping.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Id argue that the product wasn't accurately represented and that you made your purchase solely from the picture. Its not your fault the product does not match the picture! Seems like they need to refund your money and replace the picture with an accurate one.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would feel better if there was no cost to me for this fiasco... but after they conceded on the restocking fee, I don't want to push my luck by asking them to pay for return shipping as well.

I'll just cough up the shipping fee and take it as a lesson learned.

Normally I try to find actual photos of products on another bike before plunking down my $$, but apparently no one else is quite retarded enough to spend $356 on this thing except me...

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I would feel better if there was no cost to me for this fiasco... but after they conceded on the restocking fee, I don't want to push my luck by asking them to pay for return shipping as well.

I'll just cough up the shipping fee and take it as a lesson learned.

Normally I try to find actual photos of products on another bike before plunking down my $$, but apparently no one else is quite retarded enough to spend $356 on this thing except me...

It looked pretty sweet and you were obviously debating for awhile and took the risk. Paying a shipping fee is not bad considering...

I bought the wrong size Shoei helmet once from a local shop that didn't fit me right and offered no returns. I was out 320 bucks. Managed to sell it on another for 200 but an expensive lesson learned.

Sent from my phone and my autocorrect sucks

·
Registered
239 Posts
:violent1:
Given it does not look like what was advertised, a restocking fee ($53) is absurd! They should pay shipping both was as well. This is all wrong! If you pay the restocking fee I want to know so I NEVER buy from Motovation! Please quote me!!! :violent1: :violent5::angry1: :boxing:

UPDATE: They should pay shipping!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts