Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a video, or a step by step with photos on doing the front and rear signals, as well as fender eliminator.

Searched it up and couldnt find anything, and I am a huge rookie.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Anyone have a video, or a step by step with photos on doing the front and rear signals, as well as fender eliminator.

Searched it up and couldnt find anything, and I am a huge rookie.
I don't know of any videos. If you are installing a fender eliminator kit, then some of the MFRs have decent video/written instructions so I would check their websites.

As for turnsignals, if you are that unsure of yourself, spend the money and buy some good ones like Rizoma or similar that plug directly into the existing connectors. If that is not simple enough instructions to install it, then you need a professional mechanic to do it for you.

Reactions: RichBaker

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know of any videos. If you are installing a fender eliminator kit, then some of the MFRs have decent video/written instructions so I would check their websites.

As for turnsignals, if you are that unsure of yourself, spend the money and buy some good ones like Rizoma or similar that plug directly into the existing connectors. If that is not simple enough instructions to install it, then you need a professional mechanic to do it for you.
I didn't realize they were just plug and play, I thought I would end up playing around with the wiring itself. Thank you again for the post.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I put on a yoshimura fender eliminator, and the instructions were good, and pretty straight forward. Probably took me an hour. Although I've been considering going back to the stock one lately. for some reason, I miss that crazy looking thing, and wouldn't mind a little extra water spray protection for wet riding.

LED lights are bit more complicated. You'll need a flasher unit to fix the blinker speed, and most don't have the 3 wires that Canadian bikes use on the front so you'll have running lights. Search round the forum, there's lots of info for signal swaps. I don't know anything about the specifics of rizoma gear, so I can't tell you much more than that.

Reactions: Mocrob

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put on a yoshimura fender eliminator, and the instructions were good, and pretty straight forward. Probably took me an hour. Although I've been considering going back to the stock one lately. for some reason, I miss that crazy looking thing, and wouldn't mind a little extra water spray protection for wet riding.

LED lights are bit more complicated. You'll need a flasher unit to fix the blinker speed, and most don't have the 3 wires that Canadian bikes use on the front so you'll have running lights. Search round the forum, there's lots of info for signal swaps. I don't know anything about the specifics of rizoma gear, so I can't tell you much more than that.
That's kind of what I thought with regards to the canadian bikes. Appreciate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts