Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per my 'who changes their own tires' thread, lol well needless to say, i did.. and i did make a small scratch on my nice new blue rims....

So as per the thread title.. Is it possibly to buy some touch up paint for the blue rims? If not has anyone ever experimented of a good color match? I can't think of any cars on the road that are a similar color, so coming here for ideas.

Thanks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks but that thread has dead links. its the one that google bought up for me... I do have the part number DPBM15 color code 1329. Any paint experts know what to do with those numbers? i.e where to take them.. I really only need a touch up. nothing else.

colorright.com seems to specialize in photography and flash equipment and the other one RSbikepaint.com doesn't seem to exist.

I'll feel a lot happier once i have a touch up solution in the works. Without it costing me an arm and a leg... lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Have you tried colorrite.com? They have a database of all paint codes and I believe you can order the paint from them.

I did look up FZ-09 on the website and they only had the black and red. But maybe if you give them the paint code they can help you out

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. So the above links had me going to the wrong place. It's colorrite.com not colorright lol

I'll call them tomorrow.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If nothing good comes from colorrite, i may just go with the Blue R6 touch up. Don't know why i didn't think of that before.. Its a similar color isn't it.. And well better than the silver shiny aluminum that's currently making the scratch stand out.

Yamaha 0564 Deep Purplish Blue Metallic C (DPBMC)

Any paint experts here? Will I need the clearcoat on top?

Here's a pic of what I need to touchup. scratch.JPG

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well even after speaking to Yamaha and Colorite, we're looking at a 6-8 week wait, before Colorrite.com will have that color on their systems.

·
Registered
619 Posts
thanks but that thread has dead links. its the one that google bought up for me... I do have the part number DPBM15 color code 1329. Any paint experts know what to do with those numbers? i.e where to take them.. I really only need a touch up. nothing else.

colorright.com seems to specialize in photography and flash equipment and the other one RSbikepaint.com doesn't seem to exist.

I'll feel a lot happier once i have a touch up solution in the works. Without it costing me an arm and a leg... lol
rsbikepaint does appear to exist - but they only list the MT-09, not the FZ-09. The MT appears to have different color schemes Motorcycle Paint & Scooter Paint by RS Bike Paint. Honda Vespa Harley Suzuki BMW Yamaha Kawasaki but they do say you can email them if your color scheme isn't listed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts