Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When looking at the FZ09 wheels I noticed that it is a little tight there around the valve stem for my air gauge of choice. And I suppose there are
still service stations that only have the "truck type" two sided air chuck, which could be difficult for filling. But then again, the valve stems are somewhat
flexible.

Has anybody changed over to right angle valve stems?

Would these work?
Motorcycle BikeMaster Anodized Aluminum 90 Degree Angled Valve Stems | MotoSport

In the product reviews, one buyer stated that Most sportbikes used stems of a different size and the product pictured did not work for them.

~fish

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Your BikeMaster link says: All valve stems are 11.3 mm (fit O.E. wheels), except Chrome version, which are 8.3 mm (fit most aftermarket wheels).

·
Registered
885 Posts
Has anybody changed over to right angle valve stems?
My Yamaha Morphous maxi-scooter has a right angle valve stem for the rear tire since accessing just about any part of that area is quite a challenge. With six motorcycles of one kind or another, I chose to purchase a right angle air chuck and a right angle tire pressure gauge.

·
Registered
885 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
I put them on when I painted the blurple wheels. I got them from ebay for $12. I think they're easier to use and I got them in titanium finish to match the paint.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I bought a set of these for my FZ6 several years ago... never could bring myself to install them... something about the seal depending on a small nut inside the tire (so you couldn't visually monitor it) made me uncomfortable... and if it decided to finally give up the ghost, it would be an immediate and total catastrophic failure... ummm... am I willing to bet my life on this little aluminum nut?

Which also makes me feel like an old man on the corner screaming about the end of the world being at hand

Oh, to be young again... and just try shit to see what happens Yellow Green Black Emoticon Text

1 - 10 of 10 Posts