Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have any thoughts on these. They apply an unbalanced load on the valve rubber and will bend it a bit. I thing I am more concerned with the load cycling as you vary road speed/wheel rotation rate. Has any one had a good run with them.

$_12.JPG

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
The type that you're showing was like the ones that BMW airhead riders typically carry with their tools. Carry just one, and us it as an adapter. The snowflake wheels could be cantankerous to inflate without one. I'm using the angled ones that mount directly to the wheels (Ebay).

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The type that you're showing was like the ones that BMW airhead riders typically carry with their tools. Carry just one, and us it as an adapter. The snowflake wheels could be cantankerous to inflate without one. I'm using the angled ones that mount directly to the wheels (Ebay).
there are two types being shown on this thread.. which one are you talking about?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Steve, from memory it's 11.?mm.
8mm for italian wheels, 11mm for japanese wheels.
And yeah, don't leave the brass ones on, just use them as an adapter when you are putting air in. 90 degree valve stems go on on the first tyre change on my bikes - used them once, and have used them ever since.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I prefer using right angle air chucks and pressure gauges. The stock valve stems are fine. But with seven motorcycles, two tools rather than 14 valve stems works better for me.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Using them (gold ones) as an adapter sounds bit more involved than I would prefer. Since installing the ariete valves on my bike, checking and adjusting air has made the process easier. The ariete's are solid pieces and easy to access and leave your hands grease free in the process. I use them on both my bikes. If you get them, make sure they are installed pointing to the right side of the bike.

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Just add a set of the right angle ones like Tunnel linked the next time you're doing tires. Your life will change for better...you'll make more friends, obtain the woman of your dreams, and will lead a long, happy life. But seriously, these are a must on any bike I personally own.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Funny side note, my Honda Grom came with these valve stems OEM.

·
Super Moderator
4,385 Posts
The right angled ones offered by Graves are fab. My tire guy at Marietta Motorsports was impressed
and had a lot of negative things to say about the cheap knockoffs.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
The right angled ones offered by Graves are fab. My tire guy at Marietta Motorsports was impressed
and had a lot of negative things to say about the cheap knockoffs.
+1, I just use my battery booster pack that has a built in air compressor, and an Oxford DigiGauge tire pressure gauge. The gauge works great, swivel head to get at any valve stem, and it saves the readout so you can check the pressure, then read the gauge.

IMG_2132.JPG

Oxford Digi Gauge Motorcycle Tire Pressure Gauge - webBikeWorld

Reactions: Steve101

·
Registered
420 Posts
I don't have a problem with the stems like they are. Now I had a Yamaha Venture with stems almost impossible to get a gauge on. I bought a right angle adapter from BMW and just carried it in a saddlebag, attached only when I needed to use it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts