Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Looking good!

Well in my younger days when I had a 93 FZR 600. I had a bungee net(remember those anyone?) that held my helmet in place when I didnt feel like wearing it cruising around town at lower speeds....stupid I know. But this could work if you pick someone up. I will be doing this for when I pick my son up at school some days...just bungee net the extra helmet to back seat. Although this does not provide security for helmets for a said trip. I have seen some nice storage boxes you can add to the rear for storage.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After a little while she was feeling a bit stiff, the passenger pegs are pretty high up and the seat could be a bit softer. It was better than I had hoped, though!

·
Registered
155 Posts
2 ppl looked cramped on the FZ. More power to you guys giving it a try
Everything looks good except her butt space. It looks like shes fighting to stay on the seat. Other then that, doesnt look any more comfy then a R1 etc

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Everything looks good except her butt space. It looks like shes fighting to stay on the seat. Other then that, doesnt look any more comfy then a R1 etc
We weren't riding away here, it was a relaxed position. I'm usually scootched up a bit further so there's more room for her butt!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
You guys are smart to ride these sport bikes. It really limits the size of the female that you can carry on the back of your bike. It assures you of not having any extra-large women. You should see what can fit on the back of a Harley.

Oh, for the helmet- tail bag?

(Can't make this $&*! up.....check out the link Motorcycle Seats by ButtyBuddy | Best Motorcycle Seat Pads & Cushions)

·
Registered
34 Posts
To secure it while away from the bike I use a master lock cable through the face opening of the helmet and attach it to the handlebar. You may be able to use it on the back of the bike somewhere (like through the frame maybe) but I haven't tried that yet.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I use a bicycle cable lock. Put the helmets on the rear pegs and run the cable through the face shields. Cheap efficient and effective.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'm glad you said it Jen, as a guy it wouldn't be P.C. for me to say it lol.
Glad my wife doesn't read this...she has a rather large behind(big hips not "heavy" lol)and fits on just fine. Course I haven't seen a side view...anyways there is a surprising amount of room. For short trips only, anything over 20-30 minutes sucks...the turn in with two people on is incredibly fast.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Lol yeah, the 09 front end is light and quick with just the rider.
First ride home from the dealership, I got lost looking at the instrument cluster...night time...didn't see the corner... Turned hard like it was my fz6r...almost did a U turn. Oh and About half throttle is a mistake only made once :).

I would like to take a moment to talk about how much I love this bike! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts