Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a fz09 and have seen lots of reviews on the suspension but nothing about riding 2up with the stock suspension.It will be mostly country roads and rides through town, maybe an occassional twistie, and a few straight line pulls. Whats everyone's experience? Don't want to scare the wife off as she loved riding on the fz6 (modded suspension)
Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have ridden two up quite a few times on the FZ. Works great. Just make sure the two of you do not exceed the GVWR of the bike.

·
Registered
857 Posts
The forum is chocked full of great information on suspension upgrades. If I were to go two up on the bike I would adjust the rear shock for max preload. Then take it easy so you and you friend would make the ride in comfort.
You would want to impress her after the ride,... with "your" performance.

Ride Safe

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Stock suspension will support something like 350lbs. Even if you're under that id upgrade.

·
Registered
657 Posts
FZ is perfectly fine for riding 2-up on stock suspension. You can turn up the rear pre-load and rebound damping. There's not much rebound damping on the stock shock, so it can be cranked. With the softer front, you'll notice some dive under braking.

'1955710-129SlayerSM.jpg

Happy trails!

Reactions: massrider

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
I found the stock suspension to be woefully inadequate for one person, much less two. YMMV!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mrs. Lanechange is 5'3" 110lb and didn't seem to affect the suspension at all. She did however complain that the passenger pegs are too high and that seems to be a common issue. There are threads on the forum with remedies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts