Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please tell me that you are not dumb (like me) and ride in Vans...

Who?

What?

Why?

When?

Are they comfy enough for all day?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Daytonas from Helimot.com

They are expensive but they outlast cheaper boots. I was wearing out $200 boots in under a year. My Daytonas cost about $350 and are on their 4th year and going strong. I can and often do wear them all day at the office.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have the Alpinestars Joeys. They're more of a Hightop sneaker than boot although they offer a fair amount of protection for the heels. They are very comfortable for all day wearing and keep my feet protected enough for commuting around city.

I, like you, also like to wear vans and thought that these were the best compromise.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
For the street I'm using my old Sidi racing boots. No idea on the model name but they were top race boot back in 2003. They are decent, great on the bike, not so great for walking.

For the track I have Alpinestars SMX race boots, from 2005. They're great on track, really good air flow. They also suck for walking around. haha...

I need to get a more walking friendly boot for street riding that still offers the protection of a good race boot.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Icon Field Armor

Best riding boots I've ever had. Great for riding all day. Not made for walking in them all day. Gotta give and take.

Now Icon has the new version out, the Field Armor 2. I wanna get a pair of these next.

They even offer them in gray.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Dainese

TR-Course Out Boots

Perfect fit out of all I tried on along with awesome protection.

Anytime I get on the bike.

They kind of make me walk like I have shit in my pants, but they don't bother me enough to not wear them all day if need be. If I know I'm going to be walking around for extended periods I'll usually pack a change of shoes, but they're not bad for those spur of the moment walks.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I have two different Icon boots, Field Armor 1 and Patrol. If you get a pair, order a size larger. Trust me, neither of mine fit. I have a medium width foot and both are too narrow and too short. That has never happened to me before in my life. I was bummed. I still wear my Thor 50/50 boots and love them, but they are discontinued.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I have two different Icon boots, Field Armor 1 and Patrol. If you get a pair, order a size larger. Trust me, neither of mine fit. I have a medium width foot and both are too narrow and too short. That has never happened to me before in my life. I was bummed.
Why didn't you just send them back and exchange for the right size?

·
Registered
835 Posts
I just bought a pair of the Cortech Latigo Air RR boots in black/white:
Cortech Latigo Air RR Boots - RevZilla

I've also ordered a pair of shoes I can carry in my bag so I can change whenever I need to so I'm not stuck walking around in them.

They are pretty comfortable though!

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Why didn't you just send them back and exchange for the right size?
The first pair was two days away from a trip to Morocco, and the second was a week before heading to Alaska. I had hoped that breakin would help. I ordered a half size larger on the Patrol boot hoping that it would be a better fit, but it was still not wide enough.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
SIDI Vertigo Corsa..........street and track. I also have a pair of the SIDI Cobra boots for when I'm riding the ST1300....not quite as much protection, but then again I'm not riding it as hard as the track bike. The Corsa has been out of production since like 2008 or 2009, so you can see that they last pretty well. Fully adjustable, decent air flow, great ankle bracing...blah, blah, blah...all the things that a good set of boot should have. SIDI quality from a company that has been in the boot business for over 50 years.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Alpinestars S-MX 5, amazingly comfortable with excellent protection. Great if you have slightly wide feet, Sidi makes excellent boots but they are a little narrow for me. I got the ventilated Alpinestars, were about $240 and I consider them a bargain.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Alpinestars S-MX 5, amazingly comfortable with excellent protection. Great if you have slightly wide feet, Sidi makes excellent boots but they are a little narrow for me. I got the ventilated Alpinestars, were about $240 and I consider them a bargain.
Speaking of which, I almost bought the S-MX 5 and opted to try the Cortech boot. The fit was similar and honestly they look almost the same to me, especially with my pants hanging over them.

At $150, the Cortech Latigo Air RR were a steal.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have Alpinestars for both on-road and off I've had them for a few years. The road boots have no model designation but they look just like the Web Gore-Tex on the website. The trials boots are tech 3 (in big white letters on the outside).

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Dianese tr course waterproof. Every time I ride...pretty comfy...fairly easy on-off. I used to have sidi's which I also liked

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Daytonas from Helimot.com
Best, most comfortable, longest lasting moto boots I have ever owned. If I had the coin, I would buy another pair in a heartbeat.

Currently wearing Chippewa Rally boots as my everyday boot. Not comfortable for wearing all day if you spend a lot of time on your feet....although the newer models have a more comfortable "Body Cushion Orthopedic Insole."

27862.jpg

For track/aggressive riding I have a pair of Sidi boots... definitely not all day comfortable.

For touring or bad weather riding I have a pair of TCX Infinity GTX waterproof boots. They were the most painful boots to break in, ugh, just thinking about it makes my feet hurt.... but they're all day comfortable now.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts