Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with Sidi Boots......???

Reactions: fz9-tx-guy

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
It kind of depends what you are looking for? riding shoes? sport boots? racing boots?

Which ever way you go, find the pair you like at a shop that has a set to try on. Find the proper size then hit Revzilla or one of the many online stores a see what deal you can find.

This is also a good time of year to hit all your local shops and see if they are clearing out there old stock from last year. That is how I found two sets of Icon Overlord gloves, one short and one long set, for less than half price.

I have a set of Firstgear Kili WP Boots I picked up from a Canadian website when they had them on sale last fall. The seem like pretty good boots for what I intend to use the for.

The Revzilla like to these boots: Firstgear Kili Lo WP Boots - RevZilla

Reactions: Steve101

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have some older Gaerne boots with toe sliders that work just fine. I used to have some Sidi mountain bike cleats and they were excellent shoes. Couldn't kill them. Here's what I'm about to pick up for casual riding (they're CE rated, so I'm not scared of riding in them)

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
TCX....??? Comments...???

image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I think TCX makes good boots, and that is a pretty good price.

Another good manufacturer is Forma an Italian born company, I know there line of dual sport boots are excellent.

Here is a pretty good deal for a set of Forma Mirage Boots.

Forma Mirage Boots by Atomic-Moto

forma.jpg

I was going to suggest http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/, but then I noticed under shipping information.

International Shipping:
Please note we only ship to Canada. We do not ship to the USA or internationally.

Which is too bad, because they have some great deals when stuff goes on sale.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
I've worn SIDI boots for years and years. I started with the B1, then the B2, then a pair of the Vertigo Corsa (still wearing them), I also have a pair of the Vertigo Corsa summer boots (perforated), and a pair of the Cobras for the street. My wife Peggy also wears the SIDI Vertigo Lei for women. Honestly, the SIDI boots work so week for me that I haven't tried any other brand.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I have had SIDI boots also..very narrow boot ..just got a pair of Spidi and they are a very good boot and not as tight as the SIDI..looks are similar to what you posted

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
My first set of dirt bike boots where SIDI, those things where indestructible and lasted forever.

Yes you will pay more for a good set of SIDI boots, but you can't go wrong with them.

Plus you have some time before you can ride, so lots of time to shop around.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Steve....when Doug comes along, he can answer that, but as a longtime wearer of SIDI boots too, I wear a size 11D shoe, and the SIDIs fit me just fine. Hope that helps ya.

Reactions: Steve101

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Steve....when Doug comes along, he can answer that, but as a longtime wearer of SIDI boots too, I wear a size 11D shoe, and the SIDIs fit me just fine. Hope that helps ya.
I've heard they run on the narrow side. I'm a bit wide...Its always been a problem. :(

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm wearing Alpinestars SMX Plus boots, I have fairly wide feet and they are extremely comfortable. I love these boots so far, I've only put a couple thousand miles on them though.

I tried on the Alpinestars smx 5 or 6 too and they weren't nearly as comfortable for me, I was wearing them over an Alpinestars Motegi race suit for reference.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They do..8 1\2 here and at first never thought I would get them on ! Took awhile to get them broken in !
Nail in coffin here lol

Thank you!

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 36 Posts