Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just rolled to 150 miles on my 09 and today I noticed some oil seeping/dripping from the grey tubes in front of the left foot peg after it is parked and leaning that way. I looked closely and they seem to be attached to the air box under the tank. There is very little coming out of them, but noticeable for me in the parking lot at work. The fluid is oily, but smells of gasoline also. My tank is not full but the bike has been in direct sunlight for many hours 8+. I understand those should be for drainage of anything that can get into the air box, and I don't know if this is common for the initial break in period or not. I do know crank case venting/PCV should not produce large quantities of oil. I don't know what is causing this and I'm quite freaked about it. I have been goosing it on and off since I bought it but not exceeding the recommended break in specs beyond maybe 6500 rpm for a second or two. Any advice and immediate information would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
473 Posts
those are just vent hoses. I know one connects to underneath the fuel tank. There could be a bit of oil from the breather that is mixed in. Unless it's lot of oil I wouldn't worry. Yeah direct sun will cause the fuel to expand. California bikes have a charcoal canister under the seat that help store those vapors. I know when I had my air cleaner box open there was some oil inside. I believe it's just from the breather. Don't hesitate to ask the dealer however. Leaking fuel is scary

1 - 2 of 2 Posts